So Good Scrambled Eggs With Pan Fried Baby Red Potatoes
The satisfying combination of scrambled eggs with home fries is taken up a notch with peppers, onions, seasonings and melted cheese. Goes great with a side of toast and bacon!
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 2 medium baby red potatoes small dice
- Pinch of salt and pepper (I like big pinches, but everyone is different on saltiness)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of garlic salt seasoning (Lawrys or Spice Hunter is great)
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 piece buttered toast of choice
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crisped (I get the precooked bacon at Costco and hit it in the microwave for 60 seconds, it’s great!)
- 1/4 cup salsa of choice
Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
Add onions, potatoes, salt, pepper and parsley.
Cook and stir frequently for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and slightly golden on edges.
Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
Saute red bell pepper and onion for 3-5 minutes, until softened.
Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Pour into hot skillet. Cook and stir with rubber spatula until cooked through.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese, remove from heat.
Serve with toast, crisped bacon and a side of salsa.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 587kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 270mg | Sodium: 660mg | Potassium: 1298mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 988IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 4mg