Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 6 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl and cook butter until browned, takes 3-5 minutes. Once you see brown bits on the bottom of the saucepan, butter is browned. It will be a golden brown color. Remove from heat. Make sure to let the butter cool for 5 minutes before adding to other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugars and browned butter. Stir in the egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Stir in the chocolate chips then transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. Press evenly into a round then sprinkle with salt if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 Large Cookie