Sharing our favorite M and M cookies recipe today! Love this giant peanut butter M&M Cookie for one….or maybe 2 if you want to share 🙂 Golden buttery edges with soft centers, it’s the perfect cookie if you ask me!
This M and M Cookie is so much fun! The recipe makes one giant cookie that perfect for sharing. You are going to love this one!!
Try my Perfect M&M Cookie recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
What You’ll Need
- salted butter– For most of my recipes I use salted butter. Unsalted works too.
- granulated sugar– This fine white sugar adds sweetness to the cookie.
- light brown sugar– This cookie recipe can use light or dark brown sugar.
- large egg– For consistency, I use large eggs in my cooking and baking.
- pure vanilla extract- For best tasting results, use pure vanilla.
- all-purpose flour– Flour is the main dry ingredient in the cookies.
- kosher salt– Kosher salt is a course salt commonly used in cooking and baking. I prefer it over table salt.
- baking soda-Baking soda helps the cookies rise during baking.
- Mini M&M’s– Check for mini M&M’s in the candy section of the grocery store. Regular size M&M’s work fine as well.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butter and sugars into a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Add beaten egg and vanilla stirring until well combined. Stir in peanut butter until creamy. Add flour, baking soda, salt and M&M’s. Stir until just combined. Using a large cookie or ice cream scoop, place dough onto center of baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden around edges. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing. Serve room temperature or warm.
Stir in the peanut butter then start adding the dry ingredients and M&M’s until dough forms.
Place your dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. I shape the dough into a nice round and top with a handful more mini M&M’s.
Bake the cookie for 12-15 minutes, until baked through, edges start to turn golden brown. Right after cookie is removed, take a knife and go around the edges to make a perfect round cookie if you’d like. I do this all of the time. It’s very shapable right out of the oven.
How To Serve Giant Cookie
Serve large cookie for any occasion where a cookie is wanted. It’s great warm, room temperature or chilled.
Recipe Tips For Success
- When making a giant cookie and needing 2 tablespoons of an egg, crack egg into a small bowl, whisk then pour into measuring spoon. Makes it much easier this way.
- If you can’t find Mini M&M’s you can use chocolate chips or other chopped candy bars of your choice.
- Right when cookie comes out of the oven, you can use a plastic knife to shape edges into a nice round shape if needed. I do this almost to every batch of cookies I make. Gives some added texture as well.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover peanut butter cookie in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 2 days on the counter or refrigerator.
Giant Peanut Butter M and M Cookie
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mini M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper
- Place butter and sugars into a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Add beaten egg and vanilla stirring until well combined. Stir in peanut butter until creamy. Add flour, baking soda, salt and M&M's. Stir until just combined. Using a large cookie or ice cream scoop, place dough onto center of baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden around edges. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing. Serve room temperature or warm.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!
Our cookie didn’t come out looking as blond as yours. It was flatter and more brown. Any tips?
2 Tbsp of beaten egg???
I crack a whole egg into a bowl, beat it with a fork, then measure out 2 Tablespoons.
How thick should the cookie be? What diameter should the dough be on the pan?
Hi Denise, I formed my dough about 5 inches in diameter 🙂