Sharing our favorite M and M cookies recipe today! Love this giant peanut butter M&M Cookie for one….or maybe 2 if you want to share 🙂
This M and M Cookie is so much fun! The recipe makes one giant cookie that perfect for sharing. You are going to love this one!!
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
I lined up your basic ingredients you’ll need to make this gorgeous peanut butter cookie recipe.
M and M Cookies
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies
To start, cream the butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla next.
Stir in the peanut butter then start adding the dry ingredients and M&M’s until dough forms.
Place your dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. I shape the dough into a nice round and top with a handful more mini M&M’s.
Bake the cookie for 12-15 minutes, until baked through, edges start to turn golden brown. Right after cookie is removed, take a knife and go around the edges to make a perfect round cookie if you’d like. I do this all of the time. It’s very shapable right out of the oven.
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mini M&M's
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper
Place butter and sugars into a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Add beaten egg and vanilla stirring until well combined. Stir in peanut butter until creamy. Add flour, baking soda, salt and M&M's. Stir until just combined. Using a large cookie or ice cream scoop, place dough onto center of baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden around edges. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing. Serve room temperature or warm.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.