Use my Pumpkin Spice Brown Butter Frosting for your Fall cupcakes, brownies and cookies. It’s good enough to eat right out of the jar 🙂
This frosting was so amazing I decided to give it it’s own post, lol! Not kidding. If I wasn’t on this fitness challenge I would have scooped up a little bowl of just frosting for an afternoon snack. Ideally, this frosting is for my cupcakes I teased you with on Instagram HERE. The entire recipe will be here this week.
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Nice and basic pantry/refrigerator staples.
In a small saucepan, melt your butter and swirl every so often until butter is nutty and browned. Usually takes me just under 10 minutes.
Place a softened stick of butter in your favorite stand mixer.
Beat butter until nice and creamy.
Slowly add cooled browned butter.
A little brown sugar up next.
My favorite Fall spices.
Smells like a dream.
Mix her up.
Time for the powdered sugar.
Lots of powdered sugar, lol!
Oh yah, wait until you try this!
Place it in your favorite Mason Jar or airtight container until ready to frost.
Pumpkin Spice Brown Butter Frosting
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 pound bag powdered sugar, plus 2 cups
- Place 2 sticks of butter into a small saucepan over medium low heat. Once butter is melted, swirl pan occasionally checking color. Once butter is browned, it will smell nutty and be a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool completely to room temperature.
- Place remaining stick of softened butter into stand mixer, beating until creamy. Slowly beat in browned butter until combined. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and slowly add powdered sugar until thick and desired consistency. You can add tablespoons of milk to thin if desired.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to frost.
Makes 24-30 cupcakes.
This post contains affiliate links.