Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 45 min
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups white onions, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 9 strips oven ready lasagna noodles
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, sautéing until softened. Add sausage, cooking until browned. Add pasta sauce, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Boil broken lasagna noodles for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1 cup of meat sauce into the bottom of a 12 inch cast iron skillet. Layer evenly with broken pieces of semi-cooked lasagna noodles. Spoon about 8 mounds of ricotta cheese over noodle layer then sprinkle with additional Parmesan and shredded mozzarella cheese. Top with 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce. Continue this layering until you reach the top of the skillet. Top layer should be a layer of noodles, sauce then shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake skillet lasagna for 20-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly around edges. Remove and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Other Picky Palate Lasagna-Style Recipes to try!