Sharing my favorite lasagna recipe with a twist today! This Mexican Style Lasagna makes the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family! Flavor packed and simple lasagna recipe to prepare.
Nothing like a good lasagna recipe a little different than traditional lasagna! My Mexican Style Lasagna Recipe is such a perfect weeknight dinner! Easy dinner ideas are my favorite kind of recipes, this one is the perfect quick fix meal for the whole family!
How To Make Lasagna Mexican Style
After you brown your meat, add your Taco Seasoning. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside for a few minutes.
You’ll also add some diced green chilies to the Refried Beans. Add some mild salsa as well.
Spread a light layer of beans on the bottom of your baking dish. Start layering with some halved taco size tortillas.
Layer one complete!
Spread another light layer of beans over tortillas.
Top with taco meat.
Top with your salsa rice.
Repeat all layers again.
When layers are complete, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Ready for the oven.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes.
Top with chopped fresh cilantro before serving. Cut into squares to serve. Look at those fabulous layers! Enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning
- Two 15 ounce cans Old El Paso Refried Beans
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups mild prepared salsa divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 8 Old El Paso taco size flour tortillas cut in half (you'll use 15 halves)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantr
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef to hot skillet. Cook and crumble until browned. Stir in taco seasoning until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place beans, green chilies and 3/4 cup salsa into a large bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Place rice and 3/4 cup salsa into large bowl, stirring until well combined. Top with chopped fresh cilantro and cut into squares and serve warm.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.