Green Eggs and Ham Scramble Mediterranean Style
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 strips cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups roasted cubed potatoes and seasoning: (low sodium vegetable broth, garlic salt, ground pepper, and paprika)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Quarter washed red potatoes and set in mixing bowl. Pour in vegetable broth, enough that potatoes are wet. Season to taste. I used ground pepper, garlic salt, and paprika. Stir seasoned potatoes and place on baking sheet. Cook for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add spinach leaves. Cook and stir until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place eggs, milk, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine then pour into a large hot skillet over medium heat that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. With a rubber spatula, stir eggs until scrambled. Be careful to not overcook eggs. See photos. Add spinach, roasted red peppers, olives, bacon and feta cheese, stir gently to combine.
- Place roasted potatoes into serving bowls and top with scrambled eggs. Serve warm.
Makes 2-4 Servings