My Cheesy BLT Egg Bites Recipe make a perfectly simple egg recipe for breakfast! Packed with your favorite BLT ingredients such as bacon, chopped tomatoes and arugula for the “lettuce,” this quick fix breakfast is a hit with the entire family.
Egg Bites Recipe
Having simple to prepare breakfast recipes are a must in our home. Mornings can be so busy during the school year that it’s so nice having easy breakfast recipes on hand to whip up in no time. With cooked bacon, tomatoes and arugula, these egg bites are packed with the best flavors!
What You’ll Need
Let’s take a look at the ingredients needed to make these tasty egg bites.
- eggs– For consistency I use large eggs for my cooking and baking.
- kosher salt– Kosher salt is a coarse salt commonly used in cooking and baking.
- black pepper– For best tasting results use freshly cracked black pepper.
- cooked bacon– For quick use, I like to use microwave ready bacon. Cook, let cool then crumble.
- green onion– Thinly slice green onion tips before using in eggs.
- cherry tomatoes– I like to quarter the cherry tomatoes before adding to my eggs.
- arugula– Arugula has a nice peppery lemon flavor. You can substitute for spinach too.
- cheese-I use a mild shredded cheddar, use your favorite variety of shredded cheese.
What Are Egg Muffins?
These egg bites are also called egg muffins. Basically, scrambled eggs baked inside muffin cups. They are so convenient for the kids to eat on the go if needed. If they can sit and enjoy breakfast together I like to serve them with a little side of fruit to go with them.
How To Make Egg Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 12 cup muffin tin lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook Bacon. Cook bacon according to package directions, until crisped. Crumble into small pieces and place into small bowl.
- Whisk Eggs. Place eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add BLT Toppings. Add cooked bacon, tomatoes, chopped arugula, cheese, green onion, salt, hot sauce and pepper. Whisk gently until ingredients are combined.
5. Fill Muffin Cups With Eggs. Spray your muffin cups with cooking spray and find you 1/3 measuring cup. This size works great to transfer the egg mixture to the muffin cups. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with egg mixture.
6. Bake. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove and let sit for 3-5 minutes before transferring to serving plates. Serve warm by themselves or with your favorite salsa and side of fruit.
Recipe Tips For Success
- Fresh Eggs. Use fresh eggs for the recipe.
- Try New Substitutions. Play around with substitutions. Try cooked ground sausage instead of bacon. If someone doesn’t love arugula, you can leave it out. Scrambled eggs are great with so many different flavors, use your favorites! Try different cheeses too.
- Don’t Over Cook. Be sure to not over cook the egg bites. Keep a close eye and remove them as soon as the eggs are set for best results.
How To Make Starbucks Egg Bites?
If you love the egg bites you can purchase at Starbucks, I’ve created the perfect copycat recipe! Check out my Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe.
How To Serve
There are so many ways to enjoy egg bites, let’s take a look at some of my favorite ways to enjoy them.
- Fruit. Serve with a side of fresh fruit.
- Pancakes. You can also serve along side a stack of pancakes.
- Take To Go. These egg bites are convenient to take to go if needed.
- Refrigerate. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Freezing Instructions. Freeze egg bites in an airtight container or freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
- Reheating Instructions. Reheat refrigerated egg muffins in the microwave on a heat proof plate for 45-60 seconds, until hot. If frozen, thaw completely before re-heating and follow same instructions.
You Might Also Like
Cheesy BLT Egg Bites
- 12 count muffin tin
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- fork or whisk for beating eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 2.1 ounce box Smithfield Ready To Eat Bacon Applewood Smoked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1//2 cup fresh baby arugula leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce such as Cholula
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 12 cup muffin tin lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon according to package directions, until crisped. Crumble into small pieces and place into small bowl.
- Place eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined. Add cooked bacon, tomatoes, chopped arugula, cheese, green onion, salt, hot sauce and pepper. Whisk gently until ingredients are combined. Use a 1/3 cup to pour egg mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set. Remove and let sit for 3-5 minutes before transferring to serving plates. Serve warm by themselves or with your favorite salsa and a side of fruit.