Sharing one of my favorite breakfast recipes today! My Cheesy BLT Egg bites make perfectly simple egg recipes for breakfast! Packed with your favorite BLT ingredients, this quick fix breakfast is a hit with the entire family.
Having simple to prepare breakfast recipes are a must in our home. Mornings can be so busy during the school year that it’s so nice having easy breakfast recipes on hand to whip up in no time.
Egg Recipes For Breakfast
Be sure to check out the recipe video I did for Smithfield HERE.
These egg bites are also called egg muffins. Basically, scrambled eggs baked inside muffin cups. They are so convenient for the kids to eat on the go if needed. If they can sit and enjoy breakfast together I like to serve them with a little side of fruit to go with them.
You’ll start by using a nice large mixing bowl and whisk. I have a big Pyrex bowl I use for most of my egg recipes that works great. Give your eggs a nice whisk and then add the seasonings, green onions and tomatoes.
Continue adding the bacon and shedded cheddar cheese. Give a good stir until well combined.
Spray your muffin cups with cooking spray and find you 1/3 measuring cup. This size works great to transfer the egg mixture to the muffin cups. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with egg mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until puffed and eggs are set.
Tips For Serving
- Serve with a side of fresh fruit.
- You can also serve along side a stack of pancakes.
- These egg bites are convenient to take to go if needed.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 3-4 days.
Cheesy BLT Egg Bites
- 12 large eggs
- 2.1 ounce box Smithfield Ready To Eat Bacon Applewood Smoked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1//2 cup fresh baby arugula leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce such as Cholula
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 12 cup muffin tin lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon according to package directions, until crisped. Crumble into small pieces and place into small bowl.
- Place eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined. Add cooked bacon, tomatoes, chopped arugula, cheese, green onion, salt, hot sauce and pepper. Whisk gently until ingredients are combined. Use a 1/3 cup to pour egg mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set. Remove and let sit for 3-5 minutes before transferring to serving plates. Serve warm by themselves or with your favorite salsa and a side of fruit.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Smithfield. Thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin Cheesy BLT Egg Bites