This easy grilled chicken recipe is perfect for summer! Skinless chicken breasts smothered in peach jam, garlic and salt make for a totally irresistible flavor combination.
An Easy & Delicious Grilled Chicken Recipe
This simple grilled chicken recipe is so perfect for family dinners! I’ve got a simple flavorful grilled chicken that everyone will be coming back for seconds. To prepare ahead, marinate your chicken the night before so it’s ready to go when you are ready to grill. Hope everyone has a fun-filled long weekend!
How To Grill Chicken Breast
If using a charcoal grill, you can gauge the temperature by holding your hand five inches above the cooking grate. If you can keep it there comfortably for 4-6 seconds, it’s at medium heat.
Cover the grill and let the chicken cook for 5-7 minutes, then use tongs to flip the breasts over. Grill for 5-7 minutes longer, or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Test Kitchen tip: If you plan to brush on a sweet glaze such as barbecue sauce, wait until the last few minutes of cooking. This will keep the outside of the chicken from getting too dark from the sugars in the sauce.
Remove the chicken from the grill, cover with foil and let the chicken rest. This is key to keeping the chicken tender. Letting the meat rest for five minutes or so gives the juices inside time to redistribute (instead of running out on your plate). By the time the table’s set, your grilled chicken will be ready.
Grilled chicken is a healthy, delicious main course to serve by itself-but you can also do many other things with it. You can put grilled chicken in just about anything: sliced on top of salads, stuffed into sandwiches, shredded for chicken soups or skewered on a kabob.
Garlic Peach Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup peach jam
- 4 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken, peach jam, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a large zip top bag. Massage chicken with all ingredients to combine. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Grill chicken 5-7 minutes per side, until cooked through. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes then serve with a side of Sweet Mesquite Bush's Grillin' Beans and your favorite vegetable.