Sharing one of my favorite chicken drumstick recipes today! These Garlic Lime Taco Grilled Chicken Drumsticks are the perfect summer dinner recipe. Simple and full of great flavor!
These chicken drumsticks could not be more simple to prepare and have a zesty taco glaze like coating. With just a few ingredients, you are on your way to an awesome grilled dinner!
Chicken Drumstick Marinade
Place your drumsticks into a large zip top bag. Pour in your lime juice and minced garlic. Add 1 packet of taco seasoning. Close bag and massage all seasoning over the chicken.
They’ll look something like this.
How To Grill Chicken Drumsticks
Place your drumsticks onto a hot grill. Indoor or outdoor grill is just fine.
How Long Do I Grill Chicken Drumsticks?
- Chicken drumsticks, like all chicken, should generally be grilled over medium heat on the grill. That would be a surface temperature of about 450 degrees and will take 30 to 35 minutes.
- They will need to be flipped every 5 minutes or so to prevent burnt skin and to a final internal temperature of 180-185 which is best for drumsticks.
- You can use a lower surface temperature, but it will add time and tend to dry more. Again, cook to the correct final internal temperature. You can not get acceptable results with a grill temperature of 500 plus. Remember that the size and thickness of the drumstick is a big variable.
Grill each side about 4-5 minutes.
You’ll get those nice grill marks 🙂
Remove from grill and serve them warm.
How To Serve
Serve chicken drumsticks with traditional barbecue side dishes such as salad, roasted vegetables, fruit, vegetables, potato salad, macaroni salad and other favorite barbecue favorites. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 2 days. It’s best to shred the chicken and save the meat without the bone.
- 1 pound Chicken drumsticks 4-5 pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
Place chicken, lime juice, garlic, taco seasoning and olive oil into a large zip top bag. Close bag and massage chicken to combine all ingredients.
Place chicken drumsticks onto hot grill and cook 4-5 minutes each side, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and serve warm.
This post was in partnership with Old El Paso in 2015, however thoughts are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.