Sharing one of my favorite chicken drumstick recipes today! These Garlic Lime Taco Grilled Chicken Drumsticks are the perfect summer dinner recipe. Simple and full of great flavor!
These chicken drumsticks could not be more simple to prepare and have a zesty taco glaze like coating. With just a few ingredients, you are on your way to an awesome grilled dinner!
Try my Taco Lime Grilled Chicken too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Chicken Drumstick Marinade
Place your drumsticks into a large zip top bag. Pour in your lime juice and minced garlic. Add 1 packet of taco seasoning. Close bag and massage all seasoning over the chicken.
They’ll look something like this.
How To Grill Chicken Drumsticks
Place your drumsticks onto a hot grill. Indoor or outdoor grill is just fine.
How Long Do I Grill Chicken Drumsticks?
- Chicken drumsticks, like all chicken, should generally be grilled over medium heat on the grill. That would be a surface temperature of about 450 degrees and will take 30 to 35 minutes.
- They will need to be flipped every 5 minutes or so to prevent burnt skin and to a final internal temperature of 180-185 which is best for drumsticks.
- You can use a lower surface temperature, but it will add time and tend to dry more. Again, cook to the correct final internal temperature. You can not get acceptable results with a grill temperature of 500 plus. Remember that the size and thickness of the drumstick is a big variable.
Grill each side about 4-5 minutes.
You’ll get those nice grill marks 🙂
Remove from grill and serve them warm.
How To Serve
Serve chicken drumsticks with traditional barbecue side dishes such as salad, roasted vegetables, fruit, vegetables, potato salad, macaroni salad and other favorite barbecue favorites. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 2 days. It’s best to shred the chicken and save the meat without the bone.
Garlic Lime Taco Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 pound Chicken drumsticks 4-5 pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- Place chicken, lime juice, garlic, taco seasoning and olive oil into a large zip top bag. Close bag and massage chicken to combine all ingredients.
- Place chicken drumsticks onto hot grill and cook 4-5 minutes each side, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and serve warm.
This post was in partnership with Old El Paso in 2015, however thoughts are my own.
I venerate’ this formula.I utilize their taco flavoring blend with prepared wit potatoes.so tasty..!
I had a good dinner with it.
Can you bake the drumsticks? If so, for how long?
I couldn’t resist commenting. Well written!|
I made this recipe last night, using 2 bone-in thighs and three drumsticks and homemade taco seasoning. Such an easy and yummy recipe! This marinade would be great on all types of chicken; I’m going to make a roast chicken with it. Although the recipe doesn’t call for marinating, I did let my chicken maarinate for a bit and would do so again if I have time. Definitely a keeper! I had some of the leftovers cut up into a salad for lunch–terrific flavor!
I made these last night – they were a big hit!
I can’t wait to make them!
My son loves anything taco so I know he’s love this – so easy too!
The flavor on this chicken is seriously unreal! I love how simple this is too!
The best flavors!! I love grilling season 🙂
I’m loving this recipe. Grilled chicken drumsticks is a great way to celebrate summer!
These look so yummy and would be perfect for the Summer Series I’m doing in June “30 Days of Summer”. I’d love for you to consider joining us for the series! You could submit this post or even write a new one. The rules are simple:
* Select a Date in June
* Select a Topic related to Summer
* Have the post written in html with pictures and emailed to Megin by due date (5 days prior to post date)
* Link back to your own Blog
It’s that simple! Please let me know if you’d like to join us and I’ll let you know what dates I have open.
~ Megin of VMG206
This has all of my favorite flavors! And fresh lime juice is the BEST!
Made me hungry. They look so yummy.
This drumsticks look perfect!! Love that taco seasoning!!!
oh wow…I bet these are incredible!
So easy and they sound so delicious!!! I can’t wait to make them!
What a fantastic idea Jenny!! My family will love this!
Great looking chicken Jenny and so easy!!
This looks so good!
these look so easy and tasty!
I adore this recipe! I use their taco seasoning mix with baked weet potatoes….so delicious!!
We’ll have to fire up the grill this weekend! Such fabulous chicken!!!
Wow, these sound amazing. A really creative use for taco seasoning!
Nice and quick and easy!
My boys will love these!
These drumsticks look beyond fantastic! You know it’s going to taste amazing when you see grill marks like that! 🙂
MMM…MMM…MMM…do those look good! I would have never thought to come up with a recipe like this, but I will surely try it. It’s 5:38am and I am ready to eat them now!
Thanks for the recipe inspiration.
“The Busy Brunette”
Spicy and yummy!