I’m sharing my incredible Salsa Verde Shredded Beef recipe with you today! Slow cooker recipes are my favorite and this one could not be more simple to prepare! It’s a beef recipe that suits all your needs.
Broke out my cute Mickey Slow Cooker for my shredded beef recipe today. Always brightens up my kitchen, lol! Slow Cooker recipes are so convenient for busy families, I love getting them ready in the morning and having dinner ready by the time everyone gets home from school and work. I use this simple recipe for tacos, burritos and rice bowls.
What’s The Best Cut of Beef To Use in The Slow Cooker?
There are a number of cuts of beef you can use in your slow cooker, but when I’m doing a shredded beef for tacos and burritos I always go for the boneless chuck roast.
The Best Shredded Beef Recipe
For my shredded beef recipe, I literally use 2 ingredients. One packet of Ranch Dressing seasoning and one jar of Herdez Salsa Verde! Not kidding. So easy and so delicious.
Once you pour your Ranch packet evenly over the roast, Pour half of the 24 ounce jar of salsa over top as well. You’ll save half once you shred the beef later.
Once you have your Ranch seasoning and Salsa Verde Salsa over your chuck roast, close lid and let cook on high for about 5 hours. Low 8-12 hours works too.
I started my roast at 12p and checked it at 5pm and it was perfect. At this point, you’ll remove your roast onto a large plate to shred. I drain the liquid and add more salsa. I find this gives me the best result. Feel free to save the liquid to use later, but for this recipe drain and follow instructions below.
I shred the beef and remove pieces of fat with two forks. Nothing fancy. Takes a good 10-15 minutes.
Depending on what you’re using your beef for, you might like larger chunks than small shredded pieces. Shred according to preference.
Once shredded and fat removed, place back into slow cooker. Reduce heat to low or warm if you still have some time before serving.
I use remaining salsa verde about 12 ounces left, to pour over shredded beef. Give a good stir and let simmer until ready to serve in tacos, burritos or salad bowls.
So flavorful and delicious. Hope you enjoy my simple shredded beef recipe!
Salsa Verde Shredded Beef
- Slow Cooker
- 3-5 pound chuck roast boneless
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix dry not prepared
- 24 ounce jar Herdez Salsa Verde
- Place chuck roast into bottom of slow cooker on high heat. Top evenly with Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix then pour half of the salsa verde on top. Save half of salsa for after beef is shredded. Close lid and let cook on high for 5 hours or on low 8-12 hours.
- When tender, remove roast from slow cooker and transfer to large plate. With two forks, de-fat and shred into desired sized pieces. Drain liquid in slow cooker. Either discard or save for later. Place shredded beef back into slow cooker and pour in remaining salsa that was saved. Cover with lid and simmer on low heat until ready to serve.