Cheddar Stuffed Homemade Meatballs
Sharing my Cheddar Stuffed Homemade Meatballs with you today! A simple meatball recipe packed with amazing flavor!
I’ve always been of fan of making homemade meatballs. Maybe it reminds me a bit of my cooking contest days when I made homemade burgers. Some of my favorite memories! If you’ve never made a meatball recipe, there’s no better time to give it a try! You’ll love this flavorful meatball recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Make sure you are following Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks of what’s coming to Picky Palate.
For another Picky Palate meatball recipe try:
How To Prepare Homemade Meatballs
I start with a large mixing bowl and use part ground beef and part ground sausage. See recipe below for all other seasonings and ingredients.
Gently stir all ingredients together without over mixing. Only mix until combined.
I use a medium cookie scoop to scoop my meat mixture onto a parchment lined dish. This way your meatballs are all the same size.
Place a piece of cheese in the middle of each mound of meat to get ready to roll.
Roll the meatballs into tight rounds, making sure the cheese is fully enclosed.
Heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat. When it’s hot place meatballs, in batches, into hot pan.
Let them brown for 3-ish minutes per side.
Give a turn to get the other side. You’ll notice some of the cheese will ooze out of some meatballs. This is normal.
How To Serve Homemade Meatballs
*I like to simmer my meatballs in red sauce and serve over pasta.
*For any leftover meatballs, use them inside hoagie rolls for another dinner idea.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 1/4 cup garlic bread crumbs I used Progresso
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 shakes hot sauce I used Tapatio
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 28-30 1/2 inch cheddar cheese cubes cheese sticks cut into cubes works fine too
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 26 ounce Jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- Place beef, sausage, bread crumbs, cream, hot sauce, egg, salt, pepper and minced garlic into a large mixing bowl. Gently stir to combine all ingredients without over stirring. Scoop heaping tablespoon size meatballs onto a parchment lined dish. Place cheese cubes in the middle of each meatball and roll into balls making sure cheese is surrounded with meatball mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place meatballs, in batches into oil and cook on all sides to brown. Usually 3 minutes per side. Remove meatballs from heat. To serve, simmer in pasta sauce. Serve with pasta or on hoagie rolls.
Pin Cheddar Stuffed Homemade Meatballs
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.