Mexican 7 Layer Mashed Potato Bake
This Mexican 7 Layer Mashed Potato Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner and the ultimate comfort food! It's full of cheese, fresh veggies and warm mashed potatoes.
Servings 10 servings
- 5 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup warmed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with peppers mild
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion tops
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Place potatoes into a large dutch oven filled with water (3/4 full) over high heat. Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain and transfer to a stand mixer. Add butter, milk salt, garlic salt and black pepper. Turn mixer on low to start mashing. Slowly add warm milk. Beat until mixed well but be careful to not over mix. Transfer potatoes to baking dish, spreading evenly.
Top potatoes with tomatoes, chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, olives, Mozzarella and sliced green onions. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Remove and serve warm.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 744mg | Potassium: 1069mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 253mg | Iron: 2.5mg