Mexican 7 Layer Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Tags: black olives, chicken, dinner, mashed potatoes, onion, tomatoes, weeknight dinner
Sharing one of my favorite mashed potatoes recipes today! This Mexican 7 Layer Mashed Potato Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner and the ultimate comfort food!
Mashed Potatoes Recipe
You are in for such a treat with my mashed potatoes recipe! I’ve developed a Mexican style mashed potato bake that is loaded with all of my favorite ingredients. The kids literally devoured this for dinner.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new family friendly recipes to add to your weekly menu!
How To Make Mashed Potatoes
You’ll start by whipping up a batch of mashed potatoes. See my instructions below for my tips and tricks.
Easy Mashed Potatoes
Spread your mashed potatoes into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Layer with diced tomatoes next.
Layer with shredded chicken.
Drizzle with Old El Paso’s Mild Green Chili Enchilada Sauce.
Top with diced green chiles next.
Sliced black olives up next.
Shredded Mozzarella cheese and diced green onions. Bake for 20-30 minutes until hot and cheese melted.
Such a hit with the whole family. Enjoy!
- 5 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup warmed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with peppers mild
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes into a large dutch oven filled with water (3/4 full) over high heat. Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain and transfer to a stand mixer. Add butter, milk salt, garlic salt and black pepper. Turn mixer on low to start mashing. Slowly add warm milk. Beat until mixed well but be careful to not over mix. Transfer potatoes to baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Top potatoes with tomatoes, chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, olives, Mozzarella and sliced green onions. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted. Remove and serve warm.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.