Peanut Butter Cookie and Cream Cheese “Candy” Bars
Wait until you try these gooey, peanut buttery, cream cheesy fabulous cookie bars. Another quick and simple recipe to put together with a mighty tasty outcome!
Servings 9 large bars
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons hot water (enough to dampen the dough)
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 25 pieces favorite leftover Halloween chocolates!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In stand mixer, beat peanut butter and sugars until well combined.
Add egg and vanilla to combine.
In mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to combine.
Slowly add to wet ingredients then pour in hot water.
Press half of dough into an 8×8 inch baking pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
In another bowl mix the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth then layer over peanut butter dough.
Cut up chocolates and layer over cream cheese then top with remaining peanut butter cookie dough.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cookie turns golden brown.
Remove and let cool completely then cut into squares.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 386mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg