My Oh My, I Love Pizza Pie.....
Stuffed pizza filled with spinach, broccoli and cheese, inspired by the mall food court chain, Sbarros Pizza.
Servings 8 slices
- 16 oz whole wheat or white pizza dough (I pick it up at Trader Joes or Fresh and Easy)
- 1 Cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese like Kraft
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 2 Cups fresh broccoli florets steamed until fork tender, about 3 minutes in boiling water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup Roasted red bell peppers from can or fresh
- 1 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Spread and press one piece of dough into the bottom and sides of a 9-9 ½ inch round cake or tart pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (I used a 9 ½ inch deep quiche pan with a removable bottom that worked perfectly).
In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta and parmesan cheese until well combined. Spread into pressed pizza dough.
Place olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat.
Saute spinach until wilted down, about 3 minutes. Place evenly over ricotta cheese layer.
Place steamed broccoli florets over spinach and season with a pinch or two of kosher salt.
Layer roasted red peppers, then mozzarella cheese over top.
Press out remaining piece of dough and place over filling, tucking edges inside of pan.
Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
Bake for 25-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cooked through.
Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan or cutting into wedges.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1156IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 288mg | Iron: 1mg