Orange Beet Salad
- 10-12 baby beats steamed and peeled (I get mine in the produce section of my grocery store. Trader Joe’s has them too)
- 4 medium-large oranges
- 1 tablespoon grated red onion
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 6 cups micro greens or other greens of choice
- 1/4 cup goat cheese cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup pecans
Slice baby beets into 1/4 inch slices and place into a large mixing bowl. Add juice of oranges, red onion, vinegar and orange zest. Stir, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
To serve, eat right out of the bowl (what we dor enjoy with micro greens, goat cheese and pecans.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 381IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg