Beef Crockpot Chili Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound chorizo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 10 ounce cans Rotel tomatoes mild
- 3 15 ounce cans pinto beans drained
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced avocado cilantro and tortilla chips for garnish
- 1 bag tortilla chips
Heat oil in large dutch oven. Saute onion for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened. Add beef and chorizo, stirring and cooking until browned. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
Transfer to slow cooker and cook on low for 2-5 hours.
Top bowls of chili with avocado, cilantro, tortilla chips and sour cream if desired.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 888mg | Potassium: 699mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1044IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4mg