Break out your slow cookers and treat the family to my Slow Cooker Beef and Chorizo Chili!
There’s nothing like a nice bowl of warm chili during the cold winter months. I LOVE using my new KitchenAid Slow Cooker. Not only is it gorgeous, but you can set your temperatures and times! Dream come true. Seriously.
The chili I have for you today is thick and meaty. So great with some avocado, cilantro and tortilla chips for dipping. If you are feeding a crowd, this is a great recipe to serve your guests. It’s sure to warm everyone right up.
A little note….be careful about the chorizo you choose, some can be quite spicy. You can always substitute sausage if you want to go completely mild 🙂
Start by sautéing your onions and browning your beef and chorizo. The kitchen smells amazing 🙂
Add your broth, tomatoes, tomato paste and beans.
Seasonings are up next. Give a good stir and transfer to your slow cooker.
Set your timer for 2-5 hours, whatever works for your schedule. The longer is simmers the better it tastes!
Love how the lid is split so you can open one side. Perfect for sampling 🙂
Slow Cooker Beef and Chorizo Chili
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 3-5 hours | Total time: 5 hour 30 min
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound chorizo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 10 ounce cans Rotel tomatoes, mild
- 3 15 ounce cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced avocado, cilantro and tortilla chips for garnish
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Heat oil in large dutch oven. Saute onion for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened. Add beef and chorizo, stirring and cooking until browned. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to slow cooker and cook on low for 2-5 hours.
- Top bowls of chili with avocado, cilantro, tortilla chips and sour cream if desired.
Makes 12 Servings
See Widget Below to enter Giveaway:
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.