Oct
2008

White Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon and Banana Bread Biscotti

Tags:

Cookies

Good Monday afternoon everyone! I rarely post during the middle of the day, but here I am putting this before my shower. I’m a mess!

I’ve had black bananas staring at me in the kitchen for over a week now and I finally put them to good use this morning. I’ve seen some beautiful biscotti on so many blogs lately and since I’ve never made my own, I decided to give it a shot. Since I practically have a year supply’s worth of cinnamon chips I knew I’d be adding them to the banana bread dough. Let me tell you, it is a perfect match. I know we’ve talked about this before, but do try to get your hands a bag of cinnamon chips. They are great in so many baked goods!

Take a peek and Enjoy!!

White Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon and Banana Bread Biscotti

¾ Cup mashed over ripe bananas

1 egg

2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 ¾ Cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour

½ Cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon cinnamon

½ teaspoon salt

½ Cup cinnamon chips

1 Cup white chocolate chips

White non-perils

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bananas, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla into a large bowl; mix until combined. Place flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cinnamon chips into a large bowl; mix to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry until combined. Divide dough into 2 equal parts and place onto a silpat lined baking sheet 4 inches apart from each other. Form each piece of dough into a 7 inch logs, about 2 inches wide. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven, reduce heat to 250 degrees F and let cool for 10 minutes. Using a serrated knife, slice biscotti into ½ inch strips, on the diagonal. Place slices back onto cookie sheet and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until crisped. Let cool completely.

2. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until smooth. Dip top corner of biscotti in chocolate then sprinkle with non perils. Let dry on wax paper.

Makes about 30 biscotti

More goodies coming soon, enjoy your week!

Comments

Maggie says:

Those are gorgeous! Yet another recipe that I will have to try soon. Thanks again Jenny!!

Barbara Bakes says:

Okay so now I really need to see if my market sells the cinnamon chips!

Bridgett says:

These are definitely good and super easy to make. We love those here as well and looks like they turned out perfectly.

Stephanie says:

Yum! I love biscotti, and since the only biscotti I’ve ever tasted has been banana chocolate chip, I have a special place in my heart (and tummy) for that type of flavor combination in biscotti. I love the way they look with white chocolate and sprinkles.

ttfn300 says:

aww man, i was totally thinking of doing something like this with the rest of my chips, but you beat me to it!! yum :)

Stacey says:

Wow! The look and sound delicious!

carol says:

Wow-I thought I was the only one who hasn’t tried making biscotti…well…now maybe I am! Jenny these look SOOO good….now the million dollar question..where can I hide some of the bananas I bought over the weekend so I can try these???? They look wonderful!!!

Katrina says:

Banana bread is one of my favorite things, I recently made the TWD biscotti for the first time and loved it AND I have a bag of the cinnamon chips (always find them at my grocery store) and am going to have to make these! They look SO good!
    Darn it, I missed your last giveaway! You should have a way to subscribe by email on your blog! ;)

Lisa says:

Yum! Such gorgeous pictures!

Sara says:

These look great! I’ve never considered making biscotti before, but I just now might.

By the way, I found Cinnamon Chips at my Fry’s in Prescott Valley! They had a huge holiday baking display and there they were. Maybe Fry’s will carry them as a holiday thing? I’d be glad to send you some, if you still can’t get them in the Valley. :)

Mary says:

I’m on the next plane! Jenny, these are just incredible.

Jacque says:

Oh my! Those sound fantastic! I just happen to have a half bag of cinnamon chips I’ve been wondering what to do with.

Great idea :)

Theresa says:

I just love biscotti. They are great “dunkers”. I’ll have to give banana a try. As a matter of fact, I have browned bananas staring me in the face!!!

hot garlic says:

Yes, I’ve heard the Cinnamon chips speech! And you’ve certainly piqued my interest on them, I plan to pick up some bags next time I’m home. I hear you on this being the perfect match! I haven’t had the chips before but cinnamon is a no-brainer with banana. They look great!

Tracy says:

They look yummy! Love the nonpareils!

desertdiva says:

You can find cinnamon chips at Wal-mart alongside the other baking chips.

HoneyB says:

Biscotti! Yumm. Yours definitely look great! Love the decorations and the flowers in the background – beautiful!

Patsyk says:

I love that you dipped them in white chocolate. It really dresses them up!

Mary Ann says:

Wow- this sounds amazing and looks even better. You sure do give those cinnamon chips a workout- they must be wonderful! I have some near rotten bananas as well, now I know what to do with them! Thanks, Jenny!

Noor says:

This looks so good. I have always wanted to make my own. I am a huge coffee person so I think they pair just perfect together. I will have to try tehse out soon.

I love the new layout. I really want a new one for my blog. As you see I changed it but nope I am still not happy, lol. I want something more me and more inviing ahh but I am so bad in things like this :(..

I CAN NOT believe I missed your GREAT contest boo so sad. Thats just my luck though huh :(. I have not been on as much as I like bc were moving this Wednesday (wish me luck) but at least I can start posting pics again :)

Anyway, great recipe and great layout its so you :)

ps. please join this if you have some time

Sharon says:

Great minds think alike. I also just made some banana biscotti though mine are nowhere as pretty as yours!

I also received the pie cutters today and they’re adorable. We’re going apple picking this weekend so I’m sure some pies will be made shortly! Thanks :)

Emiline says:

Are you sure you’ve never baked biscotti before? Those are pretty perfect, in my opinion.

PaniniKathy says:

What a great idea! I do enjoy coffee with banana bread, so I know it would be perfect in biscotti form. Yum!

Rebekah says:

Yummy!
    Do you know where we can order these chips online? I live in AZ too….

That Girl says:

I really do need to use those bananas in my fridge.

ConversationsWithACupcake says:

Jenny.

Brilliant.

And Beautiful.

I’ve never had those cinnamon chips but, by golly, I’m determined to get them after seeing your MANY uses for them. Utterly impressive. Keep up the fabu cooking!

Emily says:

Jenny, Jenny! What I would give for a mug of white hot chocolate and a plate of these delectable biscotti! I love cookies like these for big clear cookie jars! They are gorgeous girl! (My mouth is watering! I also just saw a chocolate bar with bacon in it on the foodnet . . . okay now someone is just going above and beyond!)

Pam says:

Yum. These look so good. I the love combination of flavors you used. I still haven’t found the cinnamon chips but I am on the search.

Meg says:

I love it! Cinnamon and banana are such an awesome flavor combination! Love the sprinkles!

Debbie says:

They look delicious. So good to dip in coffee. I made some a long time ago and need to try to make some again sometime.

Lisa B. says:

I was just asking myself last night if I had room to throw more black bananas in the freezer. I just might have to make these tonight. I’ve only made them once before, a long time ago.

Yours look so perfect and yummy!

Culinarywannabe says:

They look so pretty. I’m totally craving one with my coffee this morning!

Warm Bunny says:

Yours are much more fancy-schmancy than mine are, and I just use a cake mix. However, that being said….I’d sit and devour each and every one of these. I can practically smell them from here! Mmmm!

*Priscilla* says:

those look sooo yummy! the white chocolate topping is what really got me!

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth says:

What a great combo with the cannamon chips and banana! They look really good!

I have gobs of cinnamon chips too…and white chocolate. This is the perfect recipe for me! Thanks!!

Deborah says:

You know, I’ve never made biscotti before, and I keep saying I’m going to. this looks like a great version!

nicole says:

I’ve never seen the cinnamon chips and I’m still looking for them. This biscotti looks fantastic.

Candy says:

I just learned to make biscotti. I really love them. The white chocolate looks so good.

Allie says:

The look so perfect you did a great job with them!

Colleen says:

What a fantastic idea! I have some of those bananas lying around too…

Katrina says:

I’m going to make these today! Can’t resist. Thanks for the recipe. I’ll let you know.

Live.Love.Eat says:

Wow, just whipping up some biscotti are ya? Ha ha. Very nice. They look beautiful!!!!!

PheMom says:

Hmmm… bookmarking this one. I am now biscotti obsessed. As in, I have designated a cookie jar on my counter that I want to keep filled with biscotti. I’m sure I would LOVE this version. Next time I have some bananas I will try this!

Mandy says:

I’ve never tried biscotti. Thanks for making this approachable. I tagged you with a meme. I thought it would be fun to pass it along and see everyone’s responses. Check out my blog and see.

Erin says:

These look fab! Everything is always so much better with chocolate!

Jeena says:

What a great way to use up those bananas! These look wonderful and I so love them being dipped in white chocolate yum yum!

Prudy says:

Oh yummy! I love biscotti-especially the dipped ones.

Lucy says:

Just grand!! Loving the flavors and ooh looks good. I must make some!!

Katrina says:

Word up–after you’ve made some really yummy perfect looking banana biscotti, two kinds, one just like yours and one with banana/choc. chips and walnuts, and then you turn off the oven and leave them in it to run and pick kids up from school and then get home and do homework and things like that, and then never even think about your biscotti “drying out” in the oven and pretty much forget that you even made it and then two hours later turn on the oven to make the kids some chicken nuggets for dinner, after all that, just know that you will have burned biscotti when you open the very hot oven to put the nuggets in and remember your once gorgeous biscotti is now burned! Sigh!
    I was really bummed. Will have to try this again!