Giant Salted Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- one 10 ounce bag chocolate chunks or 2 cups
- A few pinches Fleur de sel salt or sea salt for sprinkling on top of cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter and sugars into stand mixer, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add molasses, pumpkin, egg and vanilla, beating until well combined. Add flour, salt and baking soda, mixing to combine then add in chocolate chunks. Using a large scoop (I used my ice cream scoop, holds about 1/4 cup) scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies with hands then sprinkle lightly with salt if desired.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until baked through. Please keep in mind if you bake smaller cookies cooking time will be much less. Bake accordingly to size. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack.
Makes 6 Large cookies
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but opinions are my own. Check out my Farm to Table Event in Kansas City with Gold Medal Flour. We just added a new video from our trip. Check it out!