This sheet cake is about to blow your mind! My Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Sheet Cake is simply perfect for your Holiday Dessert table, packed with sweet cinnamon cake and pumpkin flavors.
You are in for such a treat with my festive pumpkin cake recipe! Making a cinnamon roll recipe might be some of my favorite desserts ever. If you love cinnamon rolls, I think you are going to love my simple “perfect for Thanksgiving” texas sheet cake recipe!
Don’t let the cake mix in the recipe scare you away. I assure you, no one will know this is a jazzed up cake mix recipe. It is gooey and tastes just like a sweet pumpkin cinnamon roll in square cake form.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- One of the easiest most delicious cakes you’ll make!
- It starts with a cake mix, no one will ever guess.
- The cinnamon roll flavors have people coming back for more!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious sheet cake recipe. See the recipe card located at the bottom of the post for full details and instructions.
- yellow cake mix– Head to the baking section of the grocery store and pick out a yellow cake mix.
- large eggs– When selecting eggs, use large eggs for consistency. That’s what I’ll use for all of my recipes to keep consistent.
- canola oil– Canola or vegetable oil works just fine. Keeps the cake moist and soft.
- milk or buttermilk– 2% milk works great or buttermilk added to the cake batter.
- sour cream– Sour cream may sound like an odd cake ingredient, but it adds to the cake’s soft texture.
- heavy whipping cream– Heavy whipping cream is found in the dairy department near the milk. It also helps keep the cake moist and soft.
- pumpkin puree– When looking for pumpkin puree, make sure you don’t get the canned pumpkin pie filling. They’ll be sold close to each other. Get canned pure pumpkin puree.
- instant vanilla pudding mix– Make sure your pudding box says instant vanilla pudding. Not the box you have to cook first.
- butter, I use salted– Salted or unsalted butter works just fine for this recipe. Just make sure you don’t get margarine.
- brown sugar– I use light brown sugar for this recipe. You’ll notice there’s light and dark brown sugar available.
- ground cinnamon– Ground cinnamon is found in the spice section of your grocery store. It’s a popular spice in Fall baking. Very aromatic and delicious with pumpkin.
- powdered sugar– Powdered sugar is also referred to as confectioners sugar, it’s used to make the icing.
What is a Sheet Cake?
Sheet cakes are simple, one-layer, frosted cakes that are often prepared for celebrations that involve a dozen or more participants. This type of cake has become a popular option for birthday parties, celebrations in the workplace, and family reunions and anniversaries.
How To Make Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Preheat Oven To 350 Degrees F. and spray a half sheet size baking pan (13 x 18 x 1) with non stick cooking spray.
Add Cake Ingredients To Stand Mixer. Place cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin into a stand mixer or electric mixer, beating until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
Prepare Cinnamon Roll Mixture. Place butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt, about 30-40 seconds. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to bowl, mixing until combined. Drizzle mixture evenly over cake then take a knife and run it through to swirl.
Bake. Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and remove.
What Size Pan Do I Use?
I prefer the half sheet size. A half-sheet cake is typically baked in a 12-inch-by-16-inch pan, but may also be made in a 11-inch-by-15-inch pan. A half sheet typically feeds 40 people. It can be sliced into 32 2-inch-by-3-inch slices or 48 2-inch-by-2-inch pieces.
Prepare Icing. Place powdered sugar and cream into a large bowl and mix until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over warm cake then let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Refrigerate if not serving same day. Enjoy with milk!
Try serving the sheet cake warm with a small dollop of vanilla ice cream too.
How To Serve
Serve sheet cake for dessert at any occasion. It’s particularly perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Can be served warm, room temperature or even chilled.
How To Store Leftovers
Refrigerate. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Try More Sheet Cake Recipes!
- Banana Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake
- Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread Sheet Cake
- Best Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Sheet Cake
Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Vanilla Sheet Cake
- mixing bowl or stand mixer
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- half sheet pan
- butter knife for swirling cake batter
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk, or buttermilk
- 3.4 ounce box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 stick 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream start w 1/4 cup and add a little more cream if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a half sheet size baking pan (13 x 18 x 1) with non stick cooking spray.
- Place cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin into a stand mixer or electric mixer, beating until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Place butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt, about 30-40 seconds. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to bowl, mixing until combined. Drizzle mixture evenly over cake then take a knife and run it through to swirl.
- Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and remove. Place powdered sugar and cream into a large bowl and mix until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over warm cake then let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Refrigerate if not serving same day. Enjoy with milk!