You are in for such a treat with my festive pumpkin cake recipe! Making a cinnamon roll recipe might be some of my favorite desserts ever. If you love cinnamon rolls, I think you are going to love my simple “perfect for Thanksgiving” texas sheet cake recipe!
Here I give you my Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Vanilla Sheet Cake. I love watching the reaction of my boys sampling my baked goods. I gave them a bite after school a couple days ago of this sheet cake and their expression was priceless. Don’t let the cake mix in the recipe scare you away. I assure you, no one will know this is a jazzed up cake mix recipe. It is gooey and tastes just like a sweet pumpkin cinnamon roll in square cake form.
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram where you’ll get sneak peeks of what’s coming to the blog! Enjoy!!
Ingredients For Pumpkin Cake
Here you have your line up of ingredients. You are likely to have most of these things in your kitchen right now!
What is a Sheet Cake?
Sheet cakes are simple, one-layer, frosted cakes that are often prepared for celebrations that involve a dozen or more participants. This type of cake has become a popular option for birthday parties, celebrations in the workplace, and family reunions and anniversaries.
What Size Pan Do I Use?
I prefer the half sheet size. A half-sheet cake is typically baked in a 12-inch-by-16-inch pan, but may also be made in a 11-inch-by-15-inch pan. A half sheet typically feeds 40 people. It can be sliced into 32 2-inch-by-3-inch slices or 48 2-inch-by-2-inch pieces.
Let’s get this party started 🙂 Start with dumping all of the cake ingredients into the mixer. No particular order. I added the pudding mix next.
Add those eggs.
Oil, milk and sour cream.
Add a can of pumpkin.
How gorgeous is that?!
Transfer the sheet cake batter to the prepared baking sheet.
Spread the cake evenly to the edges.
Prepare The Cinnamon Roll Topping
Melt your butter, add the brown sugar and cinnamon 🙂
Drizzle the cinnamon mixture over your cake.
Run a knife through to swirl the goodness then bake 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Here’s a shot of how it looks right after baking, wait until you smell the aroma!
When the cake comes out of the oven, whip up the drizzle.
Drizzle while the cake is still warm….
….so it melts lovely like this 🙂
Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Vanilla Sheet Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 3.4 ounce box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 stick 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream start w 1/4 cup and add a little more cream if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a half sheet size baking pan (13 x 18 x 1) with non stick cooking spray.
- Place cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin into a stand mixer or electric mixer, beating until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Place butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt, about 30-40 seconds. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to bowl, mixing until combined. Drizzle mixture evenly over cake then take a knife and run it through to swirl.
- Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and remove. Place powdered sugar and cream into a large bowl and mix until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over warm cake then let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Refrigerate if not serving same day. Enjoy with milk!
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board