Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
You’re going to go nuts for my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe! This easy-to-make bread is moist, flavorful, and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Can’t wait to share this easy banana bread recipe with you! Fall baking is the best, isn’t it?! The aromas in the house are like no other. I developed a moist banana bread recipe that is so soft and chocolaty it’s hard to resist! Hope you all enjoy 🙂
Try my Chocolate Chip Pistachio Banana Bread recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Use overly ripe, black bananas for moist banana bread.
- Use oil, not butter, for moist banana bread.
- Carefully fold wet and dry ingredients together with a spatula for tender texture
- Check the bread after baking for 50 minutes. If a few crumbs are on the tester toothpick, remove the bread from the oven.
Try chilling the loaf. So yummy cold with a glass of milk.
Makes a great gift for family and friends for the holidays too. Wrap in some nice cellophane and a bow and you’ve got yourself a beautiful homemade gift.
Tips For The Best Banana Bread
- Bananas that you use for your banana bread should be overly ripe, lots of black on peel.
- To store ripe bananas: freeze with or without the peel. Return to room temperature before baking.
- Use oil over butter. Oil emulsifies and coats the flour, preventing it from absorbing too much water which results in dry banana bread.
- Carefully fold dry and wet ingredients together for a tender crumb.
You're going to go nuts for my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe! This easy-to-make bread is moist, flavorful, and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large overripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a large bread pan with cooking spray.
Place butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined then add bananas, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined then add pumpkin, stirring well. Add flour, baking soda and chocolate chips, stirring to combine. Transfer batter to pan spreading evenly. Bake for 1 hour, or until baked though.
Let cool completely before transferring and cutting into slices.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.