Oct
2007

The girl who thought she knew how to cook chicken!

So Food Network aired the National Chicken Cook-off tonight that I was a finalist for in May of this year. Come to find out the judges said my chicken was undercooked, what a disappointment! The worst part is that I even tested them with my thermometer. Guess I shouldn’t have trusted that darn digital thermomer. Oh well, it was fun anyway. Note to self……Cook the chicken before turning it in to judges! Who needs $100K anyway?

Comments

The Harris Family Daily Chat says:

I tivo’d the competition. I can’t wait to watch it!!

Anna says:

Well, at least you made it to competition based on your creative idea. And you know, $100,000 is SO over-rated ;).

For the longest time I always over-cooked chicken. It took me a while to get cook-times just right and that’s still difficult when cooking in an unfamiliar oven.

KacieFlake says:

Derek and I watched it this morning. Your presentation was beautiful. Those judges are so dramatic. We thought you did great!

Anna,
    I will admit, win or no win, cooked chicken or not, my mom and I had the best time in Birmingham. No kids, just the ladies, so I’m glad we just got to go! And you’re right, 100K is soooo over-rated! I’m shooting for the million at the bake-off in 2010!

Kacie,
    Thanks! Wish we could have seen you and Derek last weekend. Hope you all had fun!

Kim A says:

You little diva! I loved your performance on the show…..what a comedian you are! Tonight I made the califlower puree deviled eggs and they are DELICIOUS!

Kim,
    Those deviled eggs just don’t sound good to me, but if you say they are good, they must be. I’ll have to try them.

I’m making our famous Thai Peanut noodles this week too. Hope the picture comes out as good as they taste! Talk to you soon!

Deb Biggs says:

Hi Jenny: It was so nice meeting and talking with you at the Southern Living Cook-off. I felt so bad for you watching the Chicken Cook-off. Your recipe looked awesome. I cannot believe they provided you with those ginormous chicken breasts. You handled it all with such poise!

Hi Deb,
    Glad you found my blog. Southern Living was so much fun, it was great to meet you!

Yah, Nat Chicken was disappointing, but I’m over it. Moving on to something else! Hope to see you again soon!

Cami D. says:

Jenny – So last night Cassady, Shannon and I were talking about this very thing – Kerry went home to DVR it and I came home to watch it – that was fun to watch since I’m pretty much addicted to that channel! It looked good to me!

nuthouse says:

Jenny,
    I still can’t believe my daughter was on TV. You looked so beautiful and natural in your interviews. The food network crew loves you! Can’t wait for the next adventure! Just kidding, I know I have to wait my turn. After all, Kim has never gone. Maybe the three of us could go Love you..Mona

Kristin Pattison says:

Sterms,
    You are still the best cook I know! I am proud of you.

Tracy says:

This is my first visit to your blog. Very nice! I have picky eaters too, so I’ll stop back on a regular basis!

Before I went to a cookoff this year, I tested a number of digital thermometers. I was really surprised how different the temperatures were, and the varied amount of time it took to get a reading. It could happen to anyone.

But you looked GREAT on TV!

Anonymous says:

I saw that cook-off! My husband and I were rooting for you! I clicked on a link on my friends blog and didn’t even realize it was the lady with the “uncooked chicken” until I read this post. Better Luck next time.
    You have some great recipes on here. I can’t wait to try them!

Hi Tracy,
    Glad you stopped in. I saw your link on Anna’s blog. I’ll be checking yours regularly as well!

Yeah, I learned a big lesson about the digital thermometer. I’ll be checking it much better next time! Still had fun though!

Annonomous,
    Thanks for rooting for me on the show. Even though I didn’t win, we seriously had the best time!