Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Coconut Cupcakes with Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting

Tags: ,

I love coconut cake, so I wanted to make a good, easy cupcake. I love these. Check out how easy they are.

Coconut Cream Cupcakes with Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting

1 box Coconut Cake Mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 can Kerns Strawberry Banana Nectar Drink
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 Cups shredded coconut, sweetened

4 Tablespoons softened butter, divided
2 Cups shredded coconut, sweetened
8 oz softenend cream cheese
3 Cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons milk

1. Preheat oven to 350. Beat all cake ingredients except coconut on medium speed in mixer until well combined, almost 2 minutes. Stir in coconut. Fill cupcake tins 3/4 full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool completely.

2. Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add coconut and stir and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and let cool and crisp up.
3. Place cream cheese and remaining 2 Tablespoons butter in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth and creamy. slowly add in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 Cups toasted coconut into frosting. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle remaining toasted coconut over tops of frosted cupcakes.
24 cupcakes

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen says:

Those look awesome! I love coconut desserts and cream cheese frosting? That is pure heaven!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

I agree, that is one of the best combo’s.

Love the Foodie Blogroll!

Caroline says:

These look yum – where do you find the coconut cake mix?? I’ve been reading your blog for a few months and every time I make one of your recipes I just KILL!!

Lanell says:

These are delicious. They would look great on my Terra Cotta Cupcake stands.

joshmom says:

These look fantastic. I want to make them. But the only Kern I could find as 46 FL OZ. How many ounces is the can you used?

Amy @DYKTMP? says:

Hehe this recipe name looks familiar. I like the Kerns and pudding in this.

Tammy says:

I am having a hard time finding coconut cake mixes, any ideas where to look? Im in Mesa AZ

[…] first found the recipe on one of my favorite recipe blogs, Picky Palate, but had a terrible time finding coconut cake mix, […]