Sep
2008

Ranchero Mexi-Chicken Crostada

Tags:

Dinner

Phew, one trip down, one to go. NY here I come again! Yikes, this time I’ll be flying solo, I have to admit I am a little nervous. Wish I was more independent, guess I’ll be learning how on this trip!

Before I head off to finish up my last minute packing, thought I’d share this great Mexi dish I made for dinner tonight. One word of advice, double check that you are getting the MILD Rotel tomatoes for this recipe, the original is really spicy and I even like spicy. Break out the Pillsbury pie crust again, it is flaky and ready to roll out.

No sweating in the kitchen for this one, you’ll have it in the oven in about 5 minutes if you use the canned Costco chicken like I did. I don’t use it that often, but when you don’t feel like cooking dinner, it’s a great lifesaver!

Ranchero Mexi-Chicken Crostada

1 roll Pillsbury Pie crust, thawed

1 can chunk chicken (from Costco), or about 1 ½ Cups cooked shredded chicken

1 drained can Mild Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies

½ Cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves

1 Teaspoon Ranch dressing seasoning, from packet that makes the dip

1 teaspoon cumin

Pinch of salt and pepper

½ Cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

¼ teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt with parsley

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.

2. Place chicken, tomatoes, cilantro, ranch seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper into a large bowl. With a fork, stir and cut up chicken pieces until well combined. Pour chicken mixture into the center of pie crust and top with cheddar cheese, leaving about 1 ½ inch border around edges. Fold crust up over chicken forming little pleats every 2 inches or so pressing gently. Brush edges with olive oil and sprinkle crust with garlic salt.

3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown on edges. Let cool for 5 minutes then cut into wedges to serve.

4 Servings

Have A Great Week! See you all Sunday Night!

Comments

Jaime says:

I am making this dish. It is easy & sounds delicious. Thanks!

Anonymous says:

Jenny, We loved this recipe. My husband is super picky! He loved it too. Thanks!

Laurie says:

This looks so good! ALL your recipes look good, you need a warning “Do not read on empty stomach – may cause drooling”

MyJourneyBack says:

This looks so yummy I plan to cook it this week. Can I borrow your photo? I won’t be able to take a picture. I’ll put your link on my post. I love your make believe kitchen btw. I don’t really know how I found you I was searching for recipes but I am glad I did.
    I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing
    Blessings,
    Sherry

Leslie says:

I have made this twice now and we LOVE IT! Thanks for continual good recipes. I can always count on your site……

Jenn says:

I recently found your blog – love your recipes. I made this last Sunday and my picky family loved it. Thanks.

I will be back for more. :o)

Missy says:

This is really tasty Jenny! Thanks for the recipe!

Why users still make use of to read news papers when in this technological
    world all is existing on web?

Velma says:

Hi there to all, the contents present at this web page are truly
    awesome for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.