Nov
2008

Send Me To The Milky Way Cookies

Cookies

Good Wednesday Morning Ya’ll. Hope everyone is enjoying their week! It’s actually my B-day today, whoo hoo for 32! It’s weird because I don’t feel much older than when I was in high school! It’s just a number right!!??

Yes, another Halloween has come and gone and sure enough I had a whole bowl full of mini Milky Ways and 3 Musketeers left that I wanted to get out of the house. Being the cookie lover that I am, I thought, why not just toss all the candy bars into some good dough. Let me tell you, I am not a huge fan of these candy bars by themselves, but Whoa are they good in cookies. The nougat and caramel makes the cookies chewy and ultra soft. I might even be tempted to make these babies all year round, that’s how much I liked them. So, give them a whirl, and if your family is anything like mine, those are the 2 candy bars that are left at the bottom of your Halloween bowls!

Take a peek and enjoy!!

Send Me To The Milky Way Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

¾ Cup sugar

¾ Cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 ¾ Cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

35 mini milky way and 3 musketeer candy bars, coarsely chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream the butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined, scraping edges with a spatula. In a separate large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chopped candy bars.

2. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until cooked to your preference. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.

Come back soon for another Pomegranate Giveaway!! Have a great week!!

Comments

Becky says:

Happy Birthday! I just made these cookies and they are great! I didn’t have any milky way but I used half with butterfinger and half with snickers. They were so good!
    Thanks!

Bob says:

Happy Birthday girlie! Glad you don’t feel older (especially with kids!), that’s the goal, I think.

Those cookies look awesome, wish I had some leftover candy… heh.

Young Family says:

These sound great! And just in time for my friend’s cookie exchange party. I was wondering approximately how many full size candy bars would you use? I ate all of my Halloween candy already!

That Girl says:

I have three musketeers I have to use up also…

Pam says:

You creative girl you. The cookies look fantastic.

Happy, happy birthday to you!

Katherine Aucoin says:

Happy Birthday Jenny and these cookies look so dunkable.

Steph says:

Those cookies look amazing Jenny! I will have to use up some of my overload of leftover candy. Thanks!
    And Happy Birthday!

Make Life Delicious says:

Happy belated birthday! This cookies look GOOOOOD!! I look forward to trying the recipe and keeping up with what you have to come!

Anne says:

Yum- I bet the texture of those candy bars is just perfect in the cookies!

Kameron says:

Happy Birthday! You deserve the best – thanks for letting all of us copy off your yummy recipes!

And we have gads of these two candy bars left (I don’t eat them, myself, but give me a DARK Milky Way and I’ll gobble it down), and a friend who shares your birthday, so it’s off to raid the kids’ buckets for these little devils! Thanks!

Katrina says:

Happy Birthday, a day late! Mine is on Saturday. But you’re just a spring chicken! ;)
    The cookies look great. A yummy looking versatile dough that would be good with just about anything!

Amy says:

These look delicious! I don’t have any leftover chocolate in the house. I am going to have to buy some to try these out though!!

Amy says:

oh…and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Laura says:

These look amazing! I can’t wait to try them.

Joshua says:

Happy Birthday!!

Milky Way are my favorite!! I will have to try the cookies for sure. Check my blog pics-I made a few of your recipes for my family:) a few weeks ago. Love you site. i have your link on my blog:) Thank you for all the yummy recipes!!!!

Linda says:

Happy Birthday! I’m turning 32 in a couple weeks as well, so we are really close in age.
    Hope you enjoyed your day, and thanks for the great recipes!

alexandra's kitchen says:

Happy Birthday! i love milky ways on their own. I would devour these cookies. Yum!

simplyshye says:

Happy Birth of your Day !!! It was actually my birthday on that very day too ;-) It was a great day — the weather was nice and all .. . Anywho — I have looked at your site many many times and have used alot of your recipes !! They are all so wonderful ! Thank you for sharing your super talent with all of us out here ;-) You are so awesome at your recipes… and you make them so do-able !! Love it ! Hope your day was superb’ish ! loves –shye

Elisha says:

Hey Jenny, happy birthday!!! My friend made me these cookies and told me about this website she found them on….(yours) and of course they were wonderful! She then said that you look so great and so young, (not that 32 is old or anything!) Obviously you stay very busy and that keeps you looking great!

Terah says:

these cookies were absolutely divine! what a recipe!! 2 thumbs up! thanks!

sweetpotato says:

Happy birthday!!!!!!

These looks look amazing!

sarah says:

Jenny, I wanted to let you know that I made these yesterday for our college group at church and they were a hit! Chewy, chocolatey, delicious!! Thanks so much for the recipe.

Mandy says:

YUM!!! We are making these TONIGHT!

Jaime says:

i love milky way candy bars!

here’s another way to use up your leftover halloween candy

oh and happy belated birthday!

Lynn Oelsen says:

Is it 3-5 milkyway or 35? Thanks

Ricehaus says:

Looked like a great idea, I was really liking forward to making them. But they stuck to the parchment and were a total mess. Too bad, but I will have to find a new way to utilize all that candy.

[...] Recipe from Picky Palate [...]

Kara says:

This looks like an awesome recipe! Have you tried other candy bars?

Jenn says:

Hi! Thanks for the milky way cookies recipe. Can’t wait to try it. How much does a batch make approximately? Thanks. Jenn