Feb
2009

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

Tags:

Dinner

This is one of those recipes where I will tell you, Don’t judge the book by it’s cover. This is a very misleading dish because appearance wise it doesn’t look all that exciting, but trust me, it makes up for it all in taste!

Every time I break out the ol’ crock pot I always think to myself, why don’t I use this baby more often?! It’s about the easiest form of cooking out there and it never fails to produce incredible flavorful dishes. There’s something about a meal that’s been slow cooked all day that is so appealing. Give this comforting stick to your ribs good dinner a shot, it’s embarrassingly easy and your family will love it!

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup

4 lbs peeled, cubed potatoes
5 Tablespoons real butter
1 Cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
6 cloves roasted garlic (click for directions how to roast garlic)
1- 1 1/2 Cups warm skim milk (any milk will do, I just happened to use skim)
1 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste

1. Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.

2. Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stovetop over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consitency.

3. Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend ya’ll. Up next is fun giveaway you won’t want to miss!

Comments

carol says:

I know what you mean when you say why don’t I use the crock pot more? My excuse is I usually don’t think far enough ahead and the meat if frozen like a brick! :(
    I do love the crock pot though…there’s nothing like walking into the kitchen and smelling something yummy cooking away-without fussing with it constantly!
    This looks like comfort food to the max-pork chops and mashed potatoes…with GARLIC…yum yum!!!

CookingCourtney says:

COMFORT FOOD, YUM.
    Doesn’t look boring at all!

Meg says:

Comfort food heaven! Looks amazing!

Wendy says:

Sounds really good!!! I think I am gonna try this one.

Girl Japan says:

Nothing, I mean absolutely nothing beats comfort food = ) Love the chops..

Leslie says:

Oh yes indeed..I just printed this and it is going on my to make list!
    I am always looking for new things to make in the slow cooker!

Teri @ Make a Whisk says:

This looks really good. I’m always looking for more ways to use the crockpot—my favorite part of using a crockpot is when I unlock the door after work and smell delicious dinner.

I’ll be trying this one this week!

Sara says:

Awesome! I love crock pots! This meal looks delicious.

I haven’t had mashed spuds in a long time, parmesan ones sound SOOO good!

Bob says:

Heh, I know why I don’t use the crock pot more. Mine is very small. Should I be embarrassed to admit that? ;)

Those chops look great! If I ever get a real crock pot I will have to make them.

Barbara says:

Jenny, you have saved my life today. I just got home last night from a month of vacation with warm weather. I promised my hubby that I would cook more when I got home. I had all the ingredients except the cream of chicken soup so I substitued with cream of onion. This is a new soup for me and hope it works okay.
    Today I really needed a crockpot dish with all the unpacking and washing to catch up on.
    It is also chilly here and I know this will warm us.
    Thanks again.

Mila says:

I love my crockpot!!!! This recipe looks incredible!

Nutritious is Delicious says:

Great blog and that recipe looks awesome!

Sara says:

Looks yummy! I am always in search for a good pork chop recipe. I will give this one a try. I agree with the crock pot…I don’t use it as often as I should. I love to know that my dinner is already cooking and then I can spend more time with my kids. Your parm mashed poatoes sound and look delish!

Ashley says:

This sounds like it would be really good! Comfort food is the best!

Not Another Omnivore says:

Parmesan mashed potatoes sound like a winner!

NAOmni

Veronica says:

Anything paired with Parmesan mashed potatoes I would consider exciting!

Bunny says:

I love my crockpot Jenny, and this week I’ll be using it alot because of my work schedule. Bookmarking this to make!

HoneyB says:

This is a Grumpy worthy meal! I will have to do this….I don’t use the crockpot enough either.

Thanks everyone! Hope you have a great Saturday!

Kevin says:

That looks really good!

Anonymous says:

I am watching you on Food Network (burger challenge) right now!

Chef Chuck says:

Hi Jenny, That looks delish!

Jamie says:

This sure sounds delicious! I love me some comfort food.

A Frugal Friend says:

I am using my crock pot today….haven’t used it in maybe a year now that I think of it. HeeHee

A Frugal Friend says:

Just wanted to let you know I awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award………then I noticed you already had one. Oh well. You are so Kreativ, I think you deserve two anyway. HaHa Come pick it up – your blog is just wonderful :-)

Amy says:

I made this last night and it was a HIT! We all loved it! My husband says he doesn’t like Ranch Dressing so I didn’t tell him that was the seasoning on it–he loved it! SUPER dish, sharing with my sister cause she loves easy yummy recipes, and putting the recipe into my baggie, lol! Thank you so much!!!!

Lauren says:

That sounds sooo good! My husband would love it!

tracey says:

I made this tonight because I was looking for something to use my pork chops for. It was AWESOME! I even made the mashed potatoes :)

I just had one problem (which I seem to stumble upon each time I make something in the crock pot) — the soup/sauce was too thin! Any suggestions?

Rosa's Yummy Yums says:

This dish looks delicious! Comfort food at it’s best!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous says:

Jenny–this one was a hit with my family and really easy to prepare. I’m always looking for those kinds of recipes. Thanks for sharing.

Deborah says:

I’m always looking for good crock pot recipes and this one sounds great!

JustKelly says:

Jenny, I made this last night and it was a HIT! The pork chops were falling apart and the mashed potatos were perfect and not too garlicy…..this recipe is going in my “KEEPER” pile for sure!!
    I have been braggin up your blog to all my friends too :D
    Thanks for these recipes and keep ‘em coming!

Teri @ Make a Whisk says:

I’ll be posting this one on my blog soon, but just wanted to let you know that I tried this the other day, and it was a huge success. Not the prettiest meal, like you said, but so tasty!

Pattie says:

I made this dish over a week ago. My husband wants me to make it again. He loves all of your recipes….NO, the whole family loves your recipes! We have not been disappointed yet! Thanks!

Jen Lee says:

This was absolutely DELISH!!!! And I’m excited for a new way to spice up mashed potatoes!

Carrie says:

I made this for dinner last night, it was WONDERFUL!

Becky says:

These were so good! And they even made good leftovers! Thank you so much! I love your blog!

I made this tonight and my kids gobbled it up! I loved how easy it was.

Wendy Dodder says:

Made this last night! It was so yummy! My husband loved it!
    Great website!

Shannon says:

I tried this tonight. It was the best way I’ve ever cooked a pork chop, no knife needed- it literally fell off the bone. Tons of flavor, there’s nothing not to love!

Amy says:

I just wanted to say that I made this for dinner yesterday and it was a hit! We all loved it!!! So easy and so good!

Joan says:

LOVED IT!!!! This is a keeper and I will use chicken too.

Melissa says:

Tried this tonight – it was AMAZING! SOOO good! Thank you!

[...] Tuesday: ranch house crockpot pork chops [...]

[...] Source: Slightly Adapted From Picky Palate [...]

Tracy says:

I made this last night in a pampered chef roaster with lid and set the over to 200 degrees for 6 hrs. It was amazing…

[...] Pork Chops and Potatoes in the Crock Pot I am changing this recipe to add the diced potatoes and some of the other seasonings to the crock [...]

[...] Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops – adapted from Picky Palate [...]