Apr
2010

Inside Out Cinnamon Bun Pie Pockets

Tags: , , , , ,

Desserts

Hey everyone, hope your week is off to a good start!  I’ve got a sweet treat to share with you today that is sure to put a smile on your face :)  These awesome little pie pockets taste just like cinnamon rolls, but pie like.  Enjoy these little pies right out of the oven with lots of sweet drizzle…..mmmmm!

GoodBite.com and Philadelphia Cream Cheese asked me to be a part of The Real Women of Philly campaign by promoting a really fun opportunity.  Paula Deen is looking for the next big cooking stars, and enthusiastic home cooks are encouraged to submit videos. Check out my ultra cheesy video (see below) featuring one of my favorite cream cheese recipes!  $25,000 is at stake along with a chance to meet Paula Deen!  So go ahead and send in your video. To submit a video go to PaulaDeen.com

Hope you enjoy!!

Inside Out Cinnamon Bun Pie Pockets

2 refrigerated 9 inch pie crusts

8 oz softened Philadelphia Cream Cheese

¼ Cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 Tablespoons granulated sugar

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 Tablespoons melted butter

1 Cup powdered sugar

2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Unroll both pie crusts and place onto a lightly floured countertop.  Using a 3 inch round cutter, cut rounds out of crust until all crust is used.  You should get approximately 12 rounds per pie crust, re-rolling scraps one time.

2.  In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon until well combined.  Place half (12) of the rounds onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.  Using a small-medium cookie scoop, scoop a heaping Tablespoon of cream cheese mixture onto the centers of the 12 crusts.  Lightly brush water around outer edges of the filled dough then place remaining rounds on top of filled rounds.  Gently press edges to seal.  Place sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and mix to combine.  Brush tops of pies with melted butter then sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops of pies are golden brown.  Once pies are cooled, whisk powdered sugar and cream until mixed well and a desired drizzling consistency.  Drizzle over tops of pies.

12 pie pockets

______________________________

Happy Baking, come back soon!!

Comments

These are so creative! Love this idea – a nice change to the normal cinnamon bun. :)

Niki says:

Definitely a cool idea!

Sharlene says:

These look and sound delicious! Very creative and easy.

Wei-Wei says:

This looks like the perfect thing for me: normally huge cinnamon buns are just WAY too big for me to finish…

I love the innards shots by the way… can you say ooey, gooey, sticky, sweet, YUM? I wonder how these would taste cold… Like cinnamon bun pie popsicles, perhaps? Or maybe I’m just being unconventional… ;)

Love your blog! It’s beautiful :)

Wei-Wei

YUM! Anything with cinnamon and sugar count me in, I’m ready to try this recipe!

Debbi says:

Wow, these are totally making me drool! The icing looks fantastic! Great pictures!

Carrie says:

These look wonderful

Cara says:

These look yummy!!

vanillasugar says:

oh jenny i love these! i was thinking about submitting a few recipes to that.
    when you get a chance come see my latest creation–this is one creation I know you would dig. But I warned you they are addicting.

megan says:

these look so good! I love cinnamon anything, especially with icing/glaze!!

Heather says:

These look so yummy!
    I love Paula Deen and I’ve also signed up to take part in the Real Women of Philadelphia challenge. It’s a lot of fun but wow does it take time to film and edit. Working on editing my dessert video now. Good luck to you!!

jenjenk says:

Jenny – you are ruining my efforts to try to stay on some sort of diet!!! i’ve gotta have this!!! :)

Tickled Red says:

Oooo These are just too much :) I am wishing that I hadn’t skipped breakfast right now. Can you hear my stomach grumbling all the way in LA?

joanne says:

Thanks for the heads up about the contest!

Doesn’t everything taste better in pocket form? These look delicious.

brandy says:

mmmm these look so good! I’d like some please :D

What a fun recipe! These look tasty!

You always create the best desserts!

Tracy says:

Yummy! What a fun sweet treat.

Jenny, I LOVE you in the video and really fun recipe. Awesome!

Jay says:

These look delish and I love the video. You should have a cooking show. You and Giada and call it Food Network Babes.

I’ve met Paula Deen. Went to her cooking class at Lady & Sons in Savannah. You know the saying, “You should never meet someone you admire”? She’s a little less humble in person.

HOLY delicious! these will be making an appearance on my saturday breakfast table :)

Julia says:

Holy Sweet Heaven. I don’t even have words. But drool just fell out of my mouth.

What an adorable idea!

Girl, you come up with the best recipes! Genius!

Andrea says:

I was waiting for a sample to appear…Where’s mine? THIS LOOKS SO Yummy! I love all of your recipes. Good Luck!

What a creative recipe! Love the video! Great seeing you last weekend!

Chef Chuck says:

Hi Jenny, Hope all is well! ~Everybody Love Cinnamon~
    Nice video, Good Luck!

HoneyB says:

I love your video! Your inside out cinnamon bun pie looks yummy too!

Fab idea this are really delicious looking !

Jamie says:

Great video Jenny! You really make it look so simple and great dessert idea.

Erica Lea says:

Oh my, OH MY! They look delicious. Loved the video.

Angela says:

Yum! They look a little like a snickerdoodle with filling! I’ll have to make these for a scrapbooking girlie nite in a few weeks.

Visiting from another site…
    Love your blog! These look devilish..in a good way! LOL Cant wait to try them!
    Shamrocks and Shenanigans

Stephanie says:

I haven’t visited any blogs for a while. And so I was so surprised when I actually posted a recipe last night on my blog and went and visited your blog right after and saw that you had a similar recipe on yours!!! Mine are more of a mini-apple pie, but I started laughing, because our brains think alike sometimes! Awesome video Jenny! You are amazing!

Dawn says:

These looked so good that I made them last night! They are so easy to make, and even easier to have more than one! My husband said this recipe is definately a keeper for us now! Thanks so much for your clever ideas!

You are amazing! Sooooo cute in this video. These bun pockets are looking so yummy. xo

Kim Adams says:

You little booger, how do you come up with all these desserts!!! YUM!

These are so fun! we made these for father’s day last year and I forgot about them ;-)

They’re like sopapillas, except way easier ;-)

Nom nom. Great pictures and adorable video, as always.

Adalia says:

Hi,
    What software did you use to make your split-screen video? I love it!

Stefanie says:

I just made these on Sunday morning and they turned out SO delicious! My husband wouldn’t even wait for me to make the drizzle for the top – he ate one right out of the oven. Once I let them cool, and made the topping, he had two more. They were a big hit! They were also great cold – I put them in the fridge over night and they were yummy for a treat the next day! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas with all of us! I love new treats and dinner ideas! Keep ‘em comin’!

Good Job with your video!!

Those look great Jenny- super creative as usual. Loved the video! :)

Cindy says:

I just found your blog today, and can’t wait to try some of these incredible recipes!! This one first though….my gosh, it’s making me drool! Great video, by the way!

Susan says:

Made these tonight with a friend for a bakesale tomorrow. So yummy, easy to make, and inexpensive. We got 15 pie pockets from our batch.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

[...] Cinnamon Bun Pie Pockets (Adapted from Picky Palate) [...]

Sabrina says:

Could you whip these up the night before, put them in the fridge/freezer (unbaked) and just pop them in the oven in the morning?

I am so glad that I had the chance to stumble upon your site – this recipe looks outstanding and judging from your great pictures, it is. I am definitely going to give this a shot very soon. Thanks for sharing!

Good day very cool web site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds also?I’m satisfied to seek out numerous helpful info here in the submit, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .