I’ve got the Perfect Homemade All Butter Pie Crust to share today! Makes baking pies this season a delicious experience!
I shared this photo on Instagram a few weeks ago. It’s not perfect, but it shows what kind of fabulous dough this recipe makes 🙂
This recipe is in my Cookbook, however I’ve updated a few steps so I thought I’d share it!
Happy Christmas week!!
The Perfect Homemade All Butter Pie Crust
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20-30 min | Total time: 30-40 min
- 2 3/4 cups All Purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup ice water
- Add the flour, sugar and salt to a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Beat on low to combine. Add cold butter, beat until butter is the size of small peas with the flour mixture.
- With the mixer on, slowly add the ice water until dough forms and is combined.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured countertop, kneading a couple times to combine. Divide dough in half, flatten slightly and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before using. When ready to use, roll out round large enough to fit your pie plate. Transfer to pie dish and crimp the edges as desired. Poke holes at the bottom of pie. Bake for 25-30 minutes until baked through and slightly golden. Remove and let cool before filling. If using a pie filling recipe that needs baked, bake according to that particular recipe.
- Store dough wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.
Makes two 9 inch pie crusts
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.