Sharing my Perfect Pie Crust recipe with you today! Homemade All Butter Pie Crust! This pie crust is simple, flaky, buttery and perfect for your pie baking needs!
Pie Crust Recipe
Don’t we all need a perfect pie crust recipe? Yes! With baking season in full swing, you’ll want to bookmark this tried and true recipe.
Baking pies this time of year is one of my favorite things to do! You can give them as gifts or get creative making your own original filling. Makes baking pies this season a delicious experience!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks of what’s coming next to the blog!
How To Make Pie Crust
You’ll start with flour, sugar, salt, cold cubed butter and ice cold water. See recipe below for exact details. Use your paddle attachment or whisk attachment works great too. When dough just comes together, stop the mixer.
Transfer dough to a lightly floured counter top or parchment paper.
Divide dough into 2 rounds to get ready to chill in refrigerator.
Wrap each dough round in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 2 hours before rolling. You can freeze for 30-45 minutes as another option.
Once dough is chilled, it’s time to roll!
Roll dough into as round of a shape as possible.
You have a couple options here. You can trim edges before transferring to your pie plate as I’ve done here, or trim edges once you transfer to pie plate.
Carefully transfer dough to your pie plate.
Crimp edges and you’re ready to fill your pie crust!
Tips For Making The Perfect Pie Crust
- Prepare the dough in a stand mixer
- Make sure your butter is VERY cold
- Beat pie crust until butter is the size of small peas with the flour mixture
- Add ice water to mixture until dough forms
- When you transfer dough make sure you transfer to a clean floured counter top.
- Only knead your dough a couple times to combine.
- Over kneading can make crust tough.
- Divide dough in half and flatten slightly.
- Wrap each piece of dough tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours before using for best results.
- Store dough wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 1 week in refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.
- 2 3/4 cups All Purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter cubed
- 1/2 cup ice water
Add the flour, sugar and salt to a stand mixer with paddle attachment or whisk attachment. Beat on low to combine. Add cold butter, beat until most of the butter is the size of small peas with the flour mixture.
With the mixer on, slowly add the ice water until dough forms and is combined.
Transfer dough to a lightly floured countertop, kneading a couple times to combine. Divide dough in half, flatten slightly and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before using. When ready to use, roll out round large enough to fit your pie plate. Transfer to pie dish and crimp the edges as desired. Poke holes at the bottom of pie. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes until baked through and slightly golden. Remove and let cool before filling. If using a pie filling recipe that needs baked, bake according to that particular recipe.
Store dough wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.
Pin To Perfect All Butter Pie Crust!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.