Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Sep
2010

Cinnamon Toasted Pumpkin Pie Tarts

Tags: , , , , , ,

Desserts

Can I just say how fabulous these Cinnamon Toasted Pumpkin Pie Tarts were?  Quick, simple and cute as a pumpkin tart :)

Break out your Fall cookie cutters….. a leaf, acorn or any fun Fall shape you wanted.  These turn out absolutely adorable….and not to mention ultra tasty.

No need to sweat over this recipe, it takes a whole 10 minutes of prep time and they are ready for the oven.  Love it!  Hope you enjoy :)

Here’s your line up :)

Is there anything better than a waterfall of sugar!?  Lol!

Prepare the pumpkin pie filling.

Mix it all together.

Cut out your cute little pumpkin tart forms!

Brush each with butter then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

Spoon pumpkin pie filling onto center of your pumpkins and time to bake!

Mmmm, toasted and tasty!

Cinnamon Toasted Pumpkin Pie Tarts

1 Cup canned pumpkin

1/4 Cup granulated sugar

1/4 Cup heavy whipping cream

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg

4 sheets (2 boxes) of puff pastry, thawed

3 Tablespoons melted butter

3 Tablespoons granulated sugar

1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon

Melted chocolate for drizzling (optional)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl mix the pumpkin, sugar, heavy cream, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg until creamy and well combined.

2.  Place puff pastry onto a lightly floured countertop and cut out 4 pumpkins per sheet of pastry.  Place pumpkin cut outs onto silpat or parchment lined baking sheets.  Brush each pumpkin lightly with butter then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.  Spoon about 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie filling around center of pumpkins leaving 1/4 inch border around edges.

3.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown on the edges and pumpkin pie is cooked through.  Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack.  Serve room temperature or chilled.  Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired before serving.

16 pumpkin pie tarts

_____________________________________

Have a great new week, come back soon!

Comments

Whaaaat?! This looks incredible! I would have NEVER thought to do something like this. I want to eat them thru my screen.

amazingly i have never worked with puff pastry before, but i need to make these!

these are way too adorable…and i love that they’re so simple too!

These tarts are adorable! Not sure how you kept them around long enough to take these gorgeous photos. Yum, yum, please bring me some now :) xxoo

Noelle says:

Great looking pumpkin pie tarts! YUM

Angela says:

Ok, that is SERIOUSLY one of the cutest things I’ve seen. I’m definitely making this (and yes, I realize I say that about all of your recipes).

How cute and yummy!!

Unfortunately, I have yet to find canned pumpkin in my area. I am told that the so called “pumpkin shortage” is a myth, but as long as everyone buys into the theory and stockpiles it as soon as it hits shelves….it’s pretty much a reality.

So as of yet, no pumpkin for me.

Sigh….maybe someday soon!!

Heather says:

So cute Jenny! Love them! I wish had one of them right now. Yum!
    I made sure to stocked up on pumpkin so these are a must try. I bet these would be good as sweet potato tarts too…that is if you couldn’t get your hands on pumpkin. :)

They’re so cute!! Apparently, we both have pumpkin on the brain today :)

I love your photos! What a cute dessert for fall too!

Camille says:

Love everything about these! You are so creative and fun!

Nicole-Lynn says:

They look delicious! Love pumpkin! Thank you for sharing!

Erin says:

So easy yet so perfect! Cant wait to make these!

Ah, loving the little paper recipe at the bottom! And oh my gosh, these look amazing. Can you believe I’ve never used the puff pastry sheets?

How freakin’ cute are these?! Love them, such a great idea!

marisa says:

I was just thinking about creating something similar to this with pumpkin. Thanks for helping me out. I will be making these this week.

Jan says:

This look amazing! Great idea!

What a cute idea! I love anything pumpkin pie related. These are great! Love the cute shapes as well!

Michelle says:

How adorable! Any excuse to use my cookie cutters!

avril says:

LOVE these adorable little treats! I am for sure breaking out my pumpkin cookie cutter ASAP! :-)

Amanda :) says:

So cute! :) Totally my kind of pie! (AKA mostly crust with just a little bit of filling :D)

Jamie says:

These are super duper cute Jenny! And I love anything pumpkin. My daughters would have fun making these.

I’m so impressed with your creativity! What a great idea. Can’t wait to try it!

Those are just TOO cute! I first thought you had used flaky biscuits instead of puffed pastry…I bet the flaky biscuits would make great “breakfast tarts”!

Tracy says:

These are so adorable! Love that pumpkin cookie cutter too!

Julie says:

Wow, I’ll bet your house smelled like fall :)

Jennifurla says:

You are very inventive, wonderful dish

Kristen says:

These are so brilliant, Jenny! What a delicious looking treat!

Love this idea, so creative! These are perfect for upcoming fall parties!

patsyk says:

These are absolutely adorable! I love finding new ways to use puff pastry!

Tina says:

Oh my goodness! Those look amazing. And I love how simple they are.

Sues says:

Wow, these look out of this world! I LOVE the pumpkin shape, but I reallyyyy LOVE the photo of the sugar shower. You got some seriously fabulous shots!!

techkim says:

That is soooo cute. I think my preschoolers will love to make them.

maggie says:

These look awesome! I’ve been trying to hold off baking with pumpkin until fall “officially” starts. I’ve accumulated about 15 new pumpkin recipes, and this is definitely going to the top of that list!

They look delicious, I love pumpkin :) so glad it’s pumpkin season!!!!

Kim in MD says:

These look AMAZING! You are so creative! I love that you take simple ingredients and turn them into something with “wow” factor! Your photos are gorgeous, Jenny!

Mona says:

Oh. My. Gawd!! I have been thinking of pumpkin for the last few days and this morning I wake up to this!!!
    *cue the angels singing*

I will definitely have to try these : )

Mikalisa says:

These r so cute! Look yummy! Thanx 4 sharing!:) Going 2 have 2 pull out the “Halloween” labeled box out of the garage now! lol. That’s where the cookie cutters r located.

Mikalisa says:

FYI: made these last night w/ the kids! Turned out awesome and a lot of fun! Thanx again! Btw, what do u do w/ the extra dough?

Kristin says:

These look awesome! I am all about pumpkin this time of year. Made pumpkin waffles for breakfast last Saturday (see blog) and will have to make these next Saturday. Thanks for sharing!

What a cute idea! These look delicious, I definitely going to have to try these :)

Jennay says:

I can NOT wait to try this recipe this weekend!! Such a great Fall treat!! Thanks for this awesome recipe!! =)

OMG these look sooooo tasty! This look like a great alternative to eating an entire slice of pumpkin pie. Any idea how many calories compared to a pumpkin pie?

Delicious! They’d be great for breakfast or dessert. Or lunch. Or dinner.

Krista says:

Brilliant idea! Love this!

Nutmeg Nanny says:

Delicious and easy…my favorite combination :) I will have to give this a try. I have all the ingredients on hand!

Eliana says:

WOW – these look amazing. A great new way to enjoy pumpkin. Can’t wait to give them a try :)

These are so cute! I love the idea of mini pumpkin pies. This will be a favorite throughout the fall.

I can’t enough of pumpkin-flavored goodies during the fall season! This looks delicious!

Robin says:

This look wonderful! I can just smell them now!