Sharing a favorite skillet cookie today! My Peanut Butter and Jelly Skillet Cookie is the perfect back to school treat to make for the kids!
Skillet Cookie Recipe
You guys are going to love this skillet cookie! Today I prepared for you what I think is the perfect back to school treat for the kids….my Peanut Butter and Jelly Skillet Cookie.
Back to school can be a busy time which is why I wanted to develop a simple treat that wouldn’t take much time in the kitchen. The kids love the peanut butter and jelly combo and what better way to enjoy it than drizzled over a cookie cut into wedges. Hope you enjoy!
How To Make Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
Let’s start by creaming the butter and sugars until light and combined.
Stir in your egg and vanilla.
Time for the chocolate chunks.
Add the white chips. Mmmm!
Give the dough a nice stir.
Transfer your dough to a cast iron skillet then drizzle with slightly melted peanut butter and jelly. Once your cookie cools, cut into wedges then dust with powdered sugar.
Look at those gooey chocolate chunks! Enjoy 🙂
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Skillet Cookie
- 1 stick salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup blueberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 10 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Place softened butter and sugars into a large mixing bowl. Mix until all combined. Stir in egg and vanilla mixing to combine. Slowly stir in flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chunks and white chips. Once combined, transfer to prepared cast iron skillet, pressing evenly.
- Place peanut butter and jelly into 2 separate heat proof bowls. Microwave for 15-20 seconds until warm and liquid like. Drizzle jelly evenly over top of cookie dough, then drizzle peanut butter. Bake for 30 minutes, or until baked through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm or room temperature.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board