Feb
2011

Girl Scout Thin Mint Oven Strudels

Tags: , , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Happy Valentine’s Day!! I’m off to the boys school this morning for 2 big parties then hopefully dinner with the family tonight :)  Hope everyone has some fun plans today.

Anyone else have an overabundance of Girl Scout Cookies like we do?  We have quite a few boxes around the house which is why I thought it would be fun to do a Thin Mint Toaster Streudel!

You can’t get much simpler than this recipe, which is just what I like.  We loved these warm, but whoa they were good cold too :)

Take a peek and enjoy!

Woohoo, 3 ingredients!  I didn’t add the drizzle ingredients, but these are the main ones :)

How good are Thin Mints?  Dangerous to have around the house, they are so small and thin it’s easy to eat the whole darn sleeve!

Place those yummy thin mints into a food processor or blender, pulse until fine then mix with 4 ounces of softened cream cheese.

Lay out both sheets of your puff pastry ( I only show one sheet here)  and cut each sheet into 9 rectangles.  Spread filling over 9 rectangles then top with the remaining 9.

It will look like this :)

Take a fork and crimp/seal edges firmly.

Brush with egg wash.

Sprinkle with a little sugar.

Ready for the oven.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Drizzle with the cream and powdered sugar drizzle and time to dig in!

Girl Scout Thin Mint Toaster Strudels

2 sheets puff pastry, thawed

1 sleeve Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies

4 ounces softened cream cheese

1 egg white plus 2 teaspoons water

1/2 Cup powdered sugar

3 Tablespoons heavy cream

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silpat liners.

2.  Place Thin Mints in food processor and pulse until finely ground.  Transfer ground cookies to a medium bowl and add softened cream cheese.  Mix until well combined, I use my hands, it’s much easier!  Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 9 rectangles totaling 18.  Spead cookie/cream cheese mixture over 9 rectangles then top with remaining 9, crimp edges with fork and poke a few holes on top to allow for steam to escape.  Whisk egg white and water and brush lightly over each streudel. Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.

3.  Place powdered sugar and heavy cream into a bowl, mix until smooth.  Drizzle over warm streudels and serve.  Can be enjoyed chilled as well.

18 streudels

____________________________________

Have a great new week!  Come back soon!

Comments

Sanjeeta kk says:

Wow! Looks so cute and gorgeous. Would love to try these struedels soon.

These should be outlawed…they look amazing!

“they are so small and thin it’s easy to eat the whole darn sleeve!”—When I was in jr. high and h.s. I could come home from athletic practice and DID eat a whole sleeve! Frequently!

I was also a girl scout. And was a top cookie sales person every year. Probably b/c my own personal consumption of thin mints and samoas was ridic off the charts. LOL

Now this takes girl scout cookies to the next level!

Wow, I thought Thin Mints were amazing alone… this looks delish!

Thin Mints are my most favorite girl scout cookie! These look just heavenly :)

i actually don’t love thin mints, but i DO love toaster streudels…these win!

AMAZING. Thin mints for breakfast!? Yes please! And we might have to try this with Samoas of course…

Jihane says:

I have a TON of girl scout cookies to use up. Definitely will be making these. :p

Jenny these are so fun. Great & decadent way to use those thin mints!! xxoo

It sounds as though you have a Valentine’s Day planned. Have a great time! These toaster streudels are a fantastic idea – filled with my favorite Girl Scout cookies.

Love this creative recipe!

Camille says:

Those look awesome. I will definately have to give ‘em a try

Neat idea for using up those thin mints (though I’ve been able to avoid them successfully this year!)

Funny, in the same sentence, I thought “I can’t possibly think of anything else less healthy, yet I can’t possibly think of anything else I would rather have at the moment.” These would make a great appetizer! Thanks!

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jenny F., Kim Moon-Kyoung and JoAnne Nunke , Bakingdom. Bakingdom said: Oh my. @PickyPalate: {New Post} Girl Scout Thin Mint Toaster Strudels! http://t.co/Omz0DLT [...]

Liz says:

Oh man, what an awesome idea, Jenny! Thin Mints have always been my favorite, although I would looove to do something with Tagalongs or Samoas! Have a great day :)

Fun! For breakfast or a snack. Who knew that cookies could even be used like this?

Laura says:

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity for sweet treats girl!

Wow. I’m scared to make these!! I know I won’t be able to resist eating them all up! Fabulous idea!!

Katertot says:

These look heavenly! I think I might make a batch….and then enjoy the entire batch while the kids are sleeping. :)

OOh! Awe! You have the best ideas!

Ricki says:

Wow! You have just rendered me speechless! Those sound so amazing!!

Heather I. says:

Wow, was a fun idea with the GS cookies- this is one I’ve never seen before! I could eat these for breakfast every day of my life. I need to hunt down a girl scout asap.

Liz says:

Okay I was going to make your nutella-mallow pastry’s this weekend, but couldn’t find those pastry sheets at the grocery store. Where are they located???

and NOW I have to make these too so I need that ingredient! (:

HI Liz,
      You find puff pastry in your freezer section over by the ice cream and frozen fruit. Ask a worker if you don’t see it, sometimes they put it somewhere else depending on the store :) Good Luck!!

Oh my gosh! I love thin mint cookies! I usually get a thin mint blizzard from Dairy Queen. But a girl scout came knocking at my door the other day and I bought!

Beautiful photos… job well done!

Tracy says:

I love girl scout cookies! These strudels look fantastic!

Ok, I need to find some girl guides so I can get some of those thin mints!

Lesley says:

Seriously? You made a toaster strudel out of a girl scout cookie? Have you no shame? Ha! I love it! As always they look delicous & sinful.

These sound fabulous!

You come up with great ideas! I love this one too!

Fuji Mama says:

These are SO fun! Though how did you have the self-control to use the girl scout thin mints IN something? Those are my favorites and I have ZERO self-control . . . they disappear VERY quickly.

Marianne says:

Last night, The Husband and I made your Nutella-Mallow Pillow Pockets for the first time, and both decided we had found something we love more than each other. And today you post this?? You’re killing me with the dessert genius!!

What a great recipe! And a perfect reason to track down some Thin Mints!

Mads says:

mmmmm I might have to unsubscribe from this blog just so I can drop 30 pounds. ;) jk I love it too much.

I pop thin mints in the freezer and then eat them. I bet I would gobble these up warm or cold though.

Lisa says:

Adorable! I’m so impressed that you took an iconic cookie and made it better.

Tiffany says:

This looks SO good!! I have a question for you though…where do you buy your puff pastry?? I guess I’m a pretty regular at Albertsons as far as grocery shopping goes…but I’ve never been able to find them!! I’m pretty sure we live semi in the same region.. (being that we go to the same beaches and Angels games! Lol!), so are there any stores you could recommend that would have them!? I want to make all your delicious looking pastry treats!

Thanks! :)

Sues says:

Whoa! What a phenomenal idea! I think I’m in love :) Now I need to get my hands on some Thin Mints!

Lina says:

Yummy! looks easy and delicious! btw, love your pictures. What kind of camera do you use?

Jessica says:

These sound amazing! But then again I love everything with Thin Mints! :-)

Are there no bounds to your culinary creativity!?
    Clearly not~

Congrats on the Times section, Jenny! I think I just fainted looking at these and wanting a bite so badly :D

Very pretty… and they look like they taste divine!

Dede says:

Jenny,

Once again, you amaze me…you’ve never let me down before and I know these are going to be delicious! Just bought a box of Thin mints yesterday :- )

Be blessed <
    ~Dede

[...] the crap out everything she could get her hands on — brownie-stuffed chocolate chip cookies, Girl Scout–stuffed toaster studels — Hey, wait! Dammit! She must have picked up on my brainwaves here, because [...]

[...] – Picky Palate.  I love Jenny and her creations, but when I saw on Twitter that she had made Homemade Toaster Strudel, with THIN MINT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES, my heart stopped. How ingenious!  And good Lord, they look absolutely delicious.  I’ve [...]

[...] (Makes 18) adapted from picky-palate.com [...]

geez. I have 4 boxes of thin mints in the freezer right now…I might have to make these.