Simple recipes make me so happy, that’s just how recipes should be right? Feast your eyes on my latest quick and simple dessert….. Honeyed Apple Peanut Butter Tart. This is another play on one of our favorite snacks….apples and peanut butter. How could that fabulous combo not be completely delicious layered nicely over butter pastry dough?
Looking forward to hearing how you guys like this one, take a peek!!
Here is your simple line up of ingredients….please note that I ended up using 2 apples and some powdered sugar to dust over the finished recipe 🙂
Lay out your puff pastry onto a nice baking sheet.
Peanut butter and honey time!
Spread peanut butter mixture over each square of pastry.
Slice your beautiful apples…
…..and layer them over the peanut butter.
Drizzle warm honey over your apples….
sprinkle with sugar and it’s time to bake!
Ahhhh, gorgeous…..and it was delish too!
Honeyed Apple Peanut Butter Tart
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry thawed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter heaping
- 2 Tablespoons honey, plus 4 Tablespoons for drizzling warmed
- 2 apples of choice sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice puff pastry dough into 3 equal size rectangles and place onto a silpat lined baking sheet.
- Warm peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl until liquid like.
- Drizzle in 2 Tablespoons of honey, stir then spread evenly over 3 pastry rectangles leaving 1/2 inch border around edges.
- Layer apple slices neatly over top of peanut butter, drizzle with warm honey, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned and puffed around the edges.
- Let cool completely then drizzle with additional warm honey if desired and powdered sugar. Serve as whole tarts or cut each tart into fourths.
Have a great new week, see you soon!