Mar
2011

Snickerdoodle Popcorn with White Chocolate Drizzle

Tags: , , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

How naughty is this popcorn!?  I’ve had this idea brewing for a while and finally decided to make it, yikes it’s dangerous!  I love the cinnamon sugar topping on Snickerdoodle Cookies, so I decided to call this popcorn…Snickerdoodle Popcorn.  There are no cookies hiding in here, lol!

You’ll get bites of buttery cinnamon and sugar with creamy white chocolate pieces.  Yum is all I have to say about that.  Do yourself a favor and go pop some of this crazy delish popcorn :)  Enjoy!

Pretty simple line-up here.  Add 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream here :)  Left it out of the photo.

Heat your oil into a large pot then once hot, add one little kernel to test out the heat.  Once it pops, you are ready to add the rest of your kernels :)

Once you’ve added your kernels, hurry and put on the lid!

Like so.  Do you guys own Le Creuset Dutch ovens?  I could not live without my collection.  Love the heavy things!  You could certainly use a large pot of your choice as a substitution.

Once you hear the popping slow down, your popcorn is ready!  Transfer to a large bowl.

Melt 4 tablespoons of butter….

I have loved working with McCormick Gourmet (See my disclosure at bottom of post) the past few months, their spices have been such a pleasure to create recipes with.  Their Roasted Saigon Cinnamon has such intense flavor.  Check it out, you’ll love it!

…and combine your sugar and cinnamon.

Drizzle the butter baby!

Sprinkle in your cinnamon and sugar.

Like so….mmmm!

Pour onto a baking sheet.

Melt those white chips with a little heavy cream until melted and smooth.

Time to drizzle!

Yes, pick out a few and munch while the chocolate is still fabulously melty.

Transfer to some cute little popcorn boxes like mine that I found at Michaels or I have also seen them at Cost Plus World Market.  Little celophane bags work great too.

Mmmm, enjoy!

Snickerdoodle Popcorn with White Chocolate Drizzle

3 Tablespoons canola oil

1/3 cup fresh popcorn kernels

4 tablespoons melted butter

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet Roasted Saigon Cinnamon

3/4 cup white chocolate chips

2-3 tablespoons heavy cream

1.  Heat oil in Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.  When hot, add 1 popcorn kernel to test if hot enough, once kernel pops add remaining kernels and close pot with lid.  Cook until popping stops about 1- 1 1/2 minutes.  Transfer to a large bowl and drizzle with melted butter.  Stir to coat all pieces.  Place sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir to combine, sprinkle over buttered popcorn, stirring to coat all pieces.   Pour onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.

2.  Melt chocolate chips and heavy cream in double boiler until melted and smooth.  Drizzle over popcorn and let harden, about 20-30 minutes.  Transfer to bags or little popcorn boxes.

Makes 4 servings

________________________________

*Disclaimer: I am part of the McCormick Real Gourmet Blogger Program and am being
compensated however the thoughts and recipe are my very own.

Have a great rest of your week and weekend, come back soon!

Comments

Maja says:

OMG that looks SO delicious! I will have to try that ☺

What a great idea!! I can see this being the perfect kid snack for a movie.

This sounds too good to be true!

Every night, not exaggerating….EVERY night I make popcorn and add: cinnamon, stevia, and choc chips! And I also add nooch (nutritional yeast) b/c it gives a salty/savory with the sweet. I am going to now add white choc like you. See how many flavors I can get going :)

Roasted Saigon Cinnamon = ohhhh, that sounds awesome! I love cinnamon and use tons of it!

Katrina says:

This looks beyond tasty. I love snickerdoodles and I love white chocolate. Hurray!

my husband is a popcorn fiend! i can see his eyes lighting up when i make this :)

Christina says:

Jenny, you really need to change your site name to Yummy-Palate, because everything you make, makes me go YUMMY! This recipe needs to be tried on my cheat day, as I am a professed popcorn-aholic, but have been good lately. May need to be a little bad for this one though. lol Great Recipe as always.

Fallon says:

This looks great, I’m a huge fan of sweet and savory.

Popcorn? As dessert?

Sigh…okay…you talked me into it.

And by talked me into it, I mean that I will be making it immediately and then consuming the entire batch without sharing.

I’ve heard of cinnamon and sugar popcorn, but not with a white chocolate drizzle! You have successfully made me want popcorn for breakfast.

It’s pretty much official. This is now the only possible way to eat popcorn in my book!

Pat says:

All I can say is YUMMY!

What a great snack!

Matt says:

I’m not a big fan of popcorn, but these do look great. I’m sure the cinnamon-sugar-butter mix with drizzled white chocolate would go wonderfully on cakes or maybe even on bread. Could be an interesting topping on a loaf, or just as cinnamon-sugar sprinkled toast. However that might just be something I’d like.

I love popcorn so much and now I need to make this.

Sues says:

Best idea ever?? I get pretty bored with popcorn unless there’s something exciting about it! And this totally qualifies! In fact, it’s a perfectly awesome idea. I LOVE snickerdoodles, after all :) Now I just need a Le Creuset as pretty as yours!

Tracy says:

Oh my gosh, you’re killing me over here! Love this sweet/salty version of popcorn!!

jessica says:

looks so awsome i love popcorn and cookies

Great minds think alike! I posted a similar recipe on my blog a few weeks back. Only, I made mine a spicy version with cayenne pepper for a grown-up kick! Love the salty sweet combo! :)

EatLiveRun says:

I’ve got to try this–I love cinnamon sugar on anything!

This is dangerous! My family would go crazy for this popcorn.

I feel like I leave the same comment whenever I leave one…”YUM!” Everything you post is so yummy looking. Btw, I posted a “healthy” samoa immitation I found today. Not anywhere as good as the samoa popcorn you made…but fun anyway.

MikeVFMK says:

I love anything popcorn but especially popcorn with chocolate. This would be a big hit in my house.

That is some seriously naughty popcorn! I wouldn’t want it any other way though :)

Robin says:

OK…popcorn and white chocolate! Awesome!

Kate says:

This looks amazing, I can’t wait to try it! What size is your Le Creuset and are you happy with it? I added one to my wedding registry but I’m questioning the right size to pick. Can’t wait to read through the rest of your blog, this is my first time here and I can already tell I’ll be a regular.

I love everything about this recipe, especially the fact it’s made in my dutch oven. I love my Le Creuset too. It’s such a fun, lovely yellow. :)

Anne Marie says:

Oh my gosh. I had no idea you could pop popcorn in a dutch oven!! We’re definitely going to try this… and probably do the snickerdoodle part too :)

This recipe may have just topped the oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. Okay, I’m talking crazy now, but it’s definitely delicious!!

I’m so excited to find your awesome blog! Ive been invaded by a bunch of picky eaters from Mars! I can’t wait to try out some of your recipes.
    Thanks!

marla says:

Jenny, your blog updates look fabulous as does this decadent popcorn. Would love to munch this & watch a movie tonight! xo

Stephanie says:

My husband just died and went to heaven with this recipe.

I love popcorn. Love, love, love it… But. Only when it’s something amazingly sweet and salty and unique like this! I can’t wait for the hubster to get home from his training deployment so I can whip this up for us! Thank you for a seriously irresistible recipe!

Erin A says:

Love it. Never thought of popcorn as dessert! :) I posted easy Pink Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream today. Yumm. But this popcorn…seems like such a nice light dessert! Have to remember that! :) Thanks :)

Oh my, this sounds delicious.

Carrie says:

This sounds so good, the perfect sweet but salty!

Jacinda says:

This recipe is not naughty.

Food has no morality, it is neither good nor bad.

It’s food. You eat it.

Jess says:

Fantastic!!!

WOW!!! These look amazing! I’m excited to try them!

Erin says:

This really sounds good! And it’s sweet! I’ve been making savory stuff this week a lot…like Spinach Artichoke Dip with red bell pepper and hints of bacon for today’s post (It’s National Chip & Dip Day)….so I’ve been craving SWEETS. This might just be the answer! :) And easy too!

CookiePie says:

Love this idea!! Delish!

Christine M. says:

oh yum is right! that is delish looking. thanks for the recipes and your blog, your site is one of my new faves now.

I think my husband would really love this and me too :)

This is beyond dangerous, I love white chocolate!!

Heather says:

Oh yum! My mouth is watering right now and I’m wishing I could have some of this popcorn Jenny! This would be some dangerous stuff in my house. It’s on my list to try on family movie night. :) Tangled is being released soon so this may be the perfect movie snack.

You had me at white chocolate

Shaina says:

This sounds fantastic! We’ve been on a popcorn kick around here, and I think I know what kind we’re making this weekend now.

Oh.My.Goodess. What are you doing to me??? This looks so yummy! I have real passion for both cinnamon and popcorn recipes! Keep up the excellent work! I’ll be making this one this weekend.

My husband is going to love this.

suz says:

I just found your website and when I saw this recipe, I thought, ‘I must make this now!’ And I did! Served with a glass of cold milk…ahhhh…what a lovely afternoon snack. I loved it!

I put my popcorn kernals in a brown paper lunch bag, folded it over, and microwaved it for 1 min 40 sec…and voila, popcorn! This way saves you calories/fat from the canola oil and it’s very quick. Just an idea for others who might be skittish about making popcorn on their stovetop.

Can’t wait to try more of your creations! Suz