Sep
2011

Biscoff Cupcakes with Biscoff Buttercream

Tags: , ,

Desserts

I know you might think I am a little crazy with all of my Biscoff recipes, but I really do love it that much, lol!  The Biscoff spread has made my life a little brighter.  I enjoy it over my waffles, over toast, in my baked goods and most often right out of the jar with a spoon :)  Now to just have my grocery stores in Southern CA sell it, that will be a very happy day.

Ok, onto these cupcakes.  I remember very clearly a couple Sundays ago when I created this recipe.  I knew they was trouble when I sampled the batter before they went into the oven.  It was so good I could hardly wait for the cakes to bake.  They are Biscoff fabulous, soft and perfect.  Can’t wait for you to try them for yourself.  Hope you enjoy!

This is a no-fuss cupcake recipe.  Just a couple of steps and they’ll be in the oven.  Start with adding some flour, baking soda and salt to a large bowl.

Add your granulated sugar.

….and some cinnamon.

Now, time for the wet ingredients.  Add your canola oil to the mixer.

Some eggs

Sour cream and vanilla

Oh the Biscoff!!  How I love you.

Add in those dry ingredients.  I didn’t even add them slowly, just dump and mix :)

Like so :)

Line your muffin tin with cute cupcake liners.  These are straight from the grocery store.  Reynolds makes some of the best liners around.  They have a foil lining so they are sturdy as can be.  They also come in such cute designs.

Fill your cupcake liners 3/4 full of batter.

Pre-baked and baked.  Yum!

They really are as good as they look.  Totally worth ordering Biscoff spread online if you have to.  I will forever be making these fabulous little cuppys :)

Enjoy :)

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Buttercream

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened

1/4 cup Biscoff spread

4-5 cups powdered sugar

2 tablespoons milk

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a muffin tin with cupcake paper liners.

2. Place flour, sugar, salt and baking soda into a large bowl, mix to combine. Set aside.

3. In a stand or electric mixer, place oil, sour cream, Biscoff spread, eggs and vanilla into the bowl. Mix on medium speed until well combined. Slowly add dry ingredients until well combined, about 30 seconds. With a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and let cool completely.

4. While cakes are cooling, prepare buttercream. Place butter and biscoff spread into bowl of stand or electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until thick and creamy. Add milk until desired consistency. Frost on cooled cupcakes. Serve room temperature or chilled.

Makes 12 cupcakes

__________________________________

Have a great day, come back soon!

Comments

I need to get my hands on some of this Biscoff spread. I feel like it’s replaced bacon as the food obsession of many bloggers! These cupcakes sound awesome!

Kathryn says:

What perfect looking cupcakes and I love the cute liners.

Ah the biscoff recipes are killing me, I need to get my hands on some jars of that stuff!

Gorgeous! I love those little cupcake cups too! So cute! :-)

Jenny the photography is stunning. Just…gorgeous!

And I remember seeing the teaser pics of this come across Instagram and I was like ooooohhhh boy!!!

And yes, I love Biscoff everything, too. The spread, the cookies, you name it, I love it!

these look too good…i need them!

Alaina says:

Is there a trick to buttercream!? EVERY time I try it, it ends up goopy and falling off the sides of my cupcakes! Its so depressing every time..it makes them looks nasty. (By the way, I LOVE your chocolate chip with peanut butter truffle swirled cookies so much that I devoted an entire blog post to them! :) They’re seriously the best cookies ever! thank you!)

Hi Alaina,
      Try this recipe, it is thick and perfect. Hope you have success with your buttercream!!

Adrienne says:

Are you letting the cupcakes cool long enough? If the cupcakes are still warm it melts the icing and causes a mess of the labor of love you just created. Good luck!

These look so good! Love the buttercream frosting!

Oh, my. It is 8:30 in the morning here, and those cupcakes made my girl and I want to go bake them right now!

MikeVFMK says:

Jenny, I have no idea what Biscoff is, but by the looks of it I’m really missing out. These look beyond delicious. Now I need to get my hands on some of that!

Shanda Navarro says:

What is Biscoff, and where do you find it? Those cupcakes do look wonderful.

Kim teasdale says:

Your recipes always inspire me.
    I’m a trained chef (and not a baker measuring frustrates me) LOL!

I try to bake my cupcakes a day ahead for school functions/parties so I can ice them when they have cool. (Or I bake them while the kids are at school and they can help ice them later or next day) but I find that the liners “peel” away from the cake. Do you have an explanation why this could be happening?

Keep coming up with delicious ideas.

Thanks Kim

Deborah says:

I’m loving all of your Biscoff recipes!! I’ve only made one recipe with it, I just can’t resist eating it with a spoon!!

Kaye Pate says:

I never heard of Biscoff cream. Where do you purchase it?

Annie says:

You can order it online through Amazon. If you go to the Biscoff website you can also search to see if there are any stores in your area that sell it.

I had to order mine, and I was hesitant, but it’s totally worth paying for shipping

Elisabeth C. says:

If you are in an area that has Publix, check there. I just got a jar of it from my Publix last week.

Kimberlee Marlow says:

I found it at Cost Plus World Market, which I think is available in most markets.

jules p says:

I had to order the Biscoff on line. I am waiting for it to show up! :)

And then I can make this recipe!~~~~

Stephanie says:

I keep seeing Biscoff stuff….I’m curious! I’m so picky (hah!) and am so against trying new things. But these pictures have me considering trying something new! :)

Annie says:

You’ve gotten me totally hooked on this stuff! So far I’ve made Biscoff cookies, the white chocolate biscoff bars you posted a while ago (which I ate a LOT of!) and I’m pretty sure these will be on the list soon too!

Patti says:

I’m headed to the kitchen NOW to make these! Oh the things you make us do…at least it only makes 12 cupcakes instead of 24, so I’ll only gain 6 lbs instead of 12!

Patti says:

Perhaps I need a high altitude adjustment. My cupcakes all sunk in the middle before they even came out of the oven (baking in Salt Lake City, about 3200 ft.). Any suggestions?

• Autumn says:

I too am in Utah. I’ve joined the Biscoff craze and am beginning to use it in anything I can think of. I just baked these cupcakes this morning and had the same problem with the centers sinking. After doing a “Google” search, here are some things I’m going to try next time: 1/8 tsp. less baking soda, 1 Tbsp. less sugar and 1 Tbsp. less oil -It doesn’t help this morning’s sad looking cupcakes, but maybe it will save my next batch. Thanks for the recipe Jenny. I’m not giving up until I perfect it!

mandy says:

Just found your blog this weekend – so many cute dessert ideas, where do I even begin?! I like all of the oreo-covered creations – do you have a favourite you’d recommend?

Hannah says:

I really need to get on the Biscoff train because your website is killing me with all these amazing recipes!

Faith says:

I still am not entirely sure what this stuff is but man, oh man, do those look delicious. I’m half-intrigued, half-hungry. need to order this stuff online and see what all the fuss is about.

Carie says:

OMG is all I can say about this recipe — it looks amazing. I guess I’m one of the lucky ones because I actually found Biscoff at my Giant Eagle!

Carole R. says:

Yum!!! I just got my first jar of Biscoff. Guess what I am making tomorrow?

Cindy Cheatham says:

Thank you SO much for ALL of the biscoff recipes. I found this “accidentally” back in the summer at Fresh Market in Ridgeland, MS and bought a jar….I have since bought several jars. Although before finding your site, I ate it on bagels, toast, etc. Or a spoonful here and there. It’s absolute heaven in a jar!! Keep the biscoff recipes coming!!

Adélie says:

Those look yummy!! Just a question, what size of cupcakes liners do you use? (height particularly) I’m French so it would be very useful to have the size of the liners so that I can try and find some that correpsonds… Thanks in advance :)

Gena says:

Aww they look so cute! I’m very interested now as I’ve never heard of biscoff! I’m testing a recipe for pear honey cupcakes. Hope I won’t have to make several batches to get it right!

Tracy says:

I am loving the Biscoff spread too! These cupcakes look so lovely!!

Amy says:

So after your post here today I just HAD to go try this recipe out!! I did (and blogged about it) I loved the cake part but the frosting was too sweet for me. Trying to think of another frosting that wouldn’t be as sweet to use with it.

Thanks for all your blogs I love reading everything and trying new things!!

Angela H. says:

Believe it or not, I found Biscoff in my NC grocery store the other day. I saw it next to the almond butters, and thought, aha the stuff I’ve been seeing on Pickypalate! I grabbed a jar just to try it, not expecting too much. OMGoodness, it is FANTASTIC! I grabbed spoons for my entire family and demanded they try it immediately. Everyone, even my hard to impress husband thought it was wonderful. I will most definitely be trying these cupcakes VERY soon! Thanks for bringing Biscoff to the attention of your readers, if I hadn’t seen the wonderful spread on your blog, I probably would have never noticed it sitting on the shelf.

yes, Yes, YES! I’ve just gotta find some biscoff spread before I go crazy!

I was squeaking in delight last week when I found biscoff spread in my local Publix store and the cookies, in World Market. So so good :D

Now I can’t wait to make these cupcakes ;)

I am desperate to make these, but the only suppliers online I can find only ship to the US or Canada. I cannot find any in the UK :(

Anyone know where I might find some?? (I’m getting desperate ;)

Laura says:

Biscoff is the US arm of a Belgian company called Lotus. You also might want to search for it under speculoos or spekulos spread. Speculoos is the traditional Belgian cookie that the spread is made from.

The cookies are made to dip in coffee or tea. Personally, I think it makes them taste even more amazing. And yes, I have an addiction to all things speculoos. There’s a food truck in NYC called Wafels&Dinges, and they make a traditional Belgian Liege waffle with the biscoff spread in it. I’ve also used the spread to make the homemade ice cream that is in kevinandamanda.com.

These Biscoff people are going to be hiring you full-time to work for them, lol! I just spotted some at Henrys/Sprouts the other day.

Amy says:

I am fairly new to your blog and it has quickly become one of my favorites. Your recipes are all (fairly) simple and include ingredients I actually have in my kitchen. I also love your photography; you do a great job staging and documenting the process from start to finish and I especially like how the recipe is on notebook paper – so cute!

Sandi says:

Huge Biscoff fan!…in small bites, of course :)

Rachel says:

I just did the Susan G Komen 3 Day for the Cure and they had Biscoff cookies every day at lunch!! I stuffed a few extra in my bag for a nice treat while walking. I found the spread both at Giant food and Wegmans in the DC area . . . will be trying these cupcakes this weekend!

vincent says:

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”

Best regards,

petitchef.com

Bonnie says:

I am so addicted to this spread. I welcome any and all recipes which include it. I really have to stop eating it with a spoon… These cupcakes look and sound so yummy!

Bonnie

Casey says:

Oh my gosh ive really gotta get myself some of this biscoff stuff!! I always look forward to getting those yummy cookies on the plane but i keep forgetting to look for them in the store :/ Writing it on my hand, NOW! lol

Mandy says:

Bridget from Bake@350 got me hooked on this stuff and we’ve already been through 4 jars! I had to order it, too, you can’t get it here yet in Colorado but I’m hoping!! We have a Sprouts here so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. :)

We are coming your way in February for a Disneyland trip, would love to see you!

Brooke says:

Wow, these look and sound great! Now I’m just looking for an excuse to make them, tomorrow is Wednesday.. that’s excuse enough, right?!

Marla says:

Girl, I LOVE watching all the fun you have been having with Biscoff. These cupcakes look amazing :)

Jennifer says:

Biscoff as known in the United States is sold at most Wal-Marts in the peanut butter aisle. I lived in paris for a year and it’s called speculoos in europe. I brought back 4 jars of it thinking I would never get to eat it again! So if you’re ever in Europe and you see Speculoos… it’s biscoff!!! Oh and they use it in everything. Starbucks even makes a cheesecake with it… which is fabulous as well as they use it on crepes and pretty much it’s around a lot! Yay! So hope this helps!

Ok, now I have to look for Biscoff. These cupcakes are beautiful! I recently found your blog and love it. Your pictures are great!

Natalie says:

I discovered Biscoff spread this summer when I was in Salt Lake. My sister-in-law took me to this little place in down town where they make Belgium waffles(not like what we eat, lumps of sugar so good) and serve them with Biscoff spread that also has chunks of Biscoff cookies crunched up and mixed in the spread!! It is sooo good. We found the spread at Bashas stores and Safeway. We had to get the cookies seperate, but just crunch them up and add to the spread, so yummy. I can’t wait to try your cupcakes.

Josie says:

They have the Biscoff spread at World Market!! Oh Happy Day!!

Tannon Davis says:

I made these 2 nights ago and they are AWESOME. Thank you for intoducing me to Biscoff spread. It’s sold at my local Wal-Mart so I now have an unlimited supply. LOL Thank you! Keep up the good work!

[...] Picky Palate- Biscoff Cupcakes with Biscoff Buttercream [...]