Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Feb
2012

Joans on Third Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles, Where to Eat | Tags:

Joans on Third is one of life’s greatest pleasures.  It is by far one of my favorite places to eat and if it were closer to home I would be in BIG trouble.  I have been here a handful of times, first with Angie, Bakerella last year and a couple weekends ago with Amanda, Kevin and Amanda.  We got a number of  incredible goodies, can’t wait to show!

I ordered the Caprese Sandwich and can I tell you that is is incredible.  If you go for lunch, make sure you order it!

It comes with a little side of these little bread and butter pickles.  I could eat them by the dozen.  Love them!

This Snickers Cake is one of the best chocolate cakes that I have ever had.

The Coffee Cake was giant and delicious.  My favorite was the crispy crumb topping!

Oh the Cloud Cupcake at Joans is epic.  It is filled with a marshmallow meringue that is unforgettable.

Salivating!

Here is the outside seating area.  You can see Amanda Instagraming/Tweeting our delicious treats :)  We had so much fun.  Make sure next time you are in LA, you make time for Joans!!

Joans on Third

8350 West Third Street

Los Angeles, CA 90048

323 625-1967

Comments

the Caprese Sandwich…I love the Caprese Salads and of course, the Snickers Cake and that marshmallow Cone cupcake that looks like domed perfection…I need to make a drive up there one day!

Kathryn says:

Another great spot to add to the list for the next time that I’m in CA!

I love traveling vicariously through you! ;)

I’m addicted to bread & butter pickles, those look so fresh and delicious! And don’t get me started on that Cloud Cupcake – wow!

Julie Chiou says:

Looks like so much fun and such good food! I can’t wait to get out to California again :)

Rachelle says:

Man that sandwich looks sooo good!Maybe it’s a good thing I don’t get up to LA much. =)

Lauren says:

Everything looks so divine!! Especially that snickers cake!! Irresistible!

I love it there too! Everything is so fresh and inviting. The desserts are to die for!!!

oh, how I love Joan’s.
    They have – without a doubt – the best chocolate cupcakes in the city.
    And the cutely wrapped candy, and the prepped salads…. Ah, I may have to go there for lunch sometime soon.

Connie says:

Mmmmm! The cupcake is epic, what an impressive topper of marshmallow goodness. Looks like a wonderful place to visit for lunch

I am so eager to visit West Coast — crossing my fingers it would be soon :)

Cassie says:

Joan’s is one of my favorite places in L.A. They had cupcakes before the trend even began! I am surprised though that you guys didn’t stop by Magnolia Bakery. Its just 3 doors down and across the street and its the same as the New York one. Did you know it’s there? Next time stop by and take some goodies to go!

Kelly says:

I wholeheartedly cosign this post. They’ve got a great breakfast sandwich and some breakfast pastries, too – and the chocolate cake roll full of whipped cream is to die for.

I have not been yet, but looks like a must try :)