Mar
2012

Weekend at Walt Disney World, Food Blog Forum Orlando

Travel | Tags:

Last weekend I flew out to Orlando for a Food Blogging Conference, The Food Blog Forum.   The conference is put together by Jaden of Steamy Kitchen, Todd and Diane of White on Rice Couple and Julie of The Little Kitchen.  These people are downright incredible and made the best weekend happen.  It’s hard for me to even know where to start because of all the fun we had.   I will let my pictures do the talking, let’s take a look.

I arrived Friday evening right before our opening party at the gorgeous Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.  I met my roomie Angie of Bakerella at our hotel and we hustled over.  As you can see, we had a beautiful arrangement of good eats ready for us.

We were dying over the size of these shrimp!  They were so good :)

Lots of these photos will be from my Instagram, so bare with me :)  In this photo Left:  Nikki, Krissy, Julie, Me, Angie and Rachel.

These salads were suspended and so delish!

Oh the mac and cheese.  Let’s just say it was perfect.

Photo via Julie

Here I am snapping photos as usual, lol!

Angie and I got a kick out of the cake pops, the chefs were making then from the baby cakes machine, lol!  Didn’t they know Bakerella was in the house?!  Too funny :)

Loved this chef making baby creme brulee for us!

Hard at work :)

Yup, it was a real treat :)

Left:  Rachel, Julie, Angie, Me, Nikki and Krissy.  After our dinner, we went straight to Magic Kingdom.  You know me, I am a Disney fanatic, so I was in heaven.

Krissy, Me and Angie enjoying some Disney World Churros.  What a treat!

We even caught a few minutes of the Electric Parade.  I was so excited since they don’t do this in CA!!

Left:  Julie, Rachel, Angie, Me and Nikki

Here we are enjoying our Dole Whips!!  At Disney World you have the option of adding a vanilla swirl to your Dole Whip and you can even get an Orange Whip.  What?!  Come on CA, we need this :)

Saturday morning we woke up nice and early, hopped on the monorail and headed to Epcot Center for our Conference.  Talk about a fun place to have a conference.  This park is absolutely stunning.  If you haven’t seen this giant ball in person, you must!

We had our lunch break in a gorgeous decorated ballroom full of Disney Chef’s feeding us their best dishes.  This was one of the highlights of the trip.  The food was out of this world!

We walked from station to station eating our hearts out.  I think it’s safe to say we were stuffed!

These pork sandwiches were one of my favorites.

How good does that look?  Those are crispy quinoa fries on the side :)

The desserts were equally as beautiful.

This pretty little cheesecake was to die for.

Our last day, Sunday morning, we spent at a local Whole Foods Market,  The set up was absolutely beautiful and the food was non stop.  They went above and beyond for us.  Really had a beautiful time.

Left:  Angie, Me, Lindsay and Julie

The Whole Foods Chefs were so good to us.  Get a load of this banana french toast?!  So good.

This quiche was so addictive.  Think I had half of this platter, lol!

These babies were equally as good.

Angie was the best roomie ever.  Loved our late night chit chats,  and crazy time at Disney.  I seriously love this girl to pieces.

Thanks to the Food Blog Forum Team and Walt Disney World who made it all possible.  There were so many wonderful food bloggers I got to meet,  Wish I had photos of everyone!  I am so grateful for our wonderful foodie community.  I feel so fortunate to do what I do.

Comments

How fun! Wish I could have been there with you all!

Cassie says:

Love your photos. Looks like so much fun, I will be in Portland in October, without a doubt!

OK…you guys make the most adorable roomies EVER!!!

That trip looks amazing…I’m putting that on my list for next year.

PS..I love your bird shirt! :)

What a great trip! I’m so jealous that I wasn’t able to go. I’m too close to my due date. :( I absolutely love Disney and of course, FBF (went to Nashville last year). I’m so glad you guys had a great time! What a perfect venue!

That looks like such a blast!! Would have loved to have been there. I’ll see you in Seattle though!!!

Erin says:

Looks like a great time! But why no Harry Potter World? I would’ve been all over that place.

Julie Chiou says:

HP World is at Universal and we didn’t get park hopper tix to that and we were based in Magic Kingdom so we all would’ve needed rides over to Universal and pay also for the park :)

Love your pictures! You are making me sad I didn’t take more pictures than I did. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I’m so glad we met and I’m looking forward to chatting more in the future. You and Angie are both so sweet! :)

I know Megan, I wish I would have taken more pictures with everyone, the weekend just goes by so fast! So fun to meet you in person, you are a doll!

Julie Chiou says:

so much fun this weekend with you Jenny!! i can’t wait to see you soon! Portland looks like the next one I’ll be at :)

Had a blast hanging out with you Julie! You are the sweetest! I won’t be able to go to Portland, boo!! Hopefully I’ll see you soon though!

I’ve been tempted to go the FBF for the past couple years but never sprung for it b/c of the plane ride and distance from San Diego but I am so bummed I didn’t go this year after seeing everyone’s AWESOME pics…thanks for sharing all these, Jenny!!! Looks so fun and what great ladies to hang out with!

Bev Weidner says:

Looks like a wonnnderful time! So sad I missed seeing you!

Deborah says:

I loved seeing everyone’s pics, and loved this post! Wish I could have been there, so much fun!

Shannon says:

That looks like a super fun trip and the food look so yummy. The Electrical Parade is rumored to be heading back to CA this summer.

Kristen M. says:

Say what?!?! Vanilla and Orange whip!!!! You are right we need that as an option in CA. It would be a dream come true to see the Disney Electrical Parade. When they did have it in CA during the holidays as a kid I always seemed to miss it. It looks like you had an amazing and memorable trip. I enjoyed your pics especially of the delicious food!

JulieD says:

So good to see you and so glad we got to chat even if it was just for a few minutes. I love all of your pictures!! <3 you and Angie! I can't wait…sugar rush in Seattle!! :)

Love you ladies — so glad we got to meet! Nice recaps. Wish we could go back and do it all over again :D

TidyMom says:

oh I was SO bummed we had a family wedding that weekend!!
    I loved following all the tweets and IG pics!!

Looks like a beautiful time!

Jessica says:

It was so great to see you Jenny!

Gorgeous photos! I know the rest of us are very jealous. :)

Urban Wife says:

You and Angie sorta look like sisters! Looks like an awesome time. :)

Celina says:

I thought they still did the Electrical Parade at California Adventure in the Summer? If they don’t, they should!

Such fun! I hope someday my little blog is good enough to warrant a trip to one of these things! I love good food and I hope to make some foodie friends with this little project of mine :) And yes, Disney is the BEST!

Michelle says:

Did you learn any new tips for blogging?

Robin says:

Looks like tons of fun! My family was there at the same time, so when I saw your Instagram pics, I got so excited. Unfortunately we weren’t in the same places at the same time or I would have been on the lookout. BTW – I looked everywhere for the peanut butter/graham cracker covered in chocolate thing that you get at Disney Land, and I couldn’t find it. Any idea whether they sell them at WDW?

Beth says:

which do you prefer “Disney world” or “Disney land” ? i would love to see Disney land one day soon. can’t wait to see CA as well. fun!! the hubby & i love going to see Disney world. Florida is great. yummy food pics… perfect. (:

Tough question Beth! I love the familiarity I have with my Disneyland. I know it like the back of my hand so I like that much better. However I like discovering new things at Disney World :) I need to spend more time there for sure!

i love disney world. my favorite restaurants there were at epcot – san angel inn (mexico) and the boulangerie (France). Looks like you had an amazing time.

Fun!!! I totally wish I could have been there w/ all you fun girls!

Looks like an awesome event to attend! Gosh, I haven’t been to Disney in YEARS – this makes me want to go back soon, if nothing else for the food! ;)

Wow…you really got some gorgeous shots! What an incredible weekend it was, and went by so fast. DISNEY really does know how to throw a party!! We were pampered all weekend. Glad I had the chance to meet you during the Illuminations party Saturday night.

Lindsay says:

Loved getting some time to chat with you this time (meaning when I wasn’t organizing the whole thing, I could actually enjoy it!) hehe. :)

How many bloggers attended this conference? Glad you had such a wonderful time. Always fun to exchange ideas and have someone else cook for you.

Jaden says:

super duper big hugzzzzzz to ya! thanks for coming out :-)

I’ve been waiting for a recap and this was a great one! The food was jaw-dropping, incredible! Looks like a great time :)

Lauren says:

Love your photos! Next time I’ll have to poke my head into a few! :) Lol!

Loved your recap of Disney and the events! And of course loved getting to meet you face to face! Hope you had a safe trip home!

I LOVE your recap Jenny! Had such a great time getting to know you :)

xoxo

[...] I am sure your tickets are nonrefundable, which means just that, short of extenuating circumstances like illness, death etc….and you surely wouldn't want those, just so you (or your survivors!) could get your $ back….. If you really want to fly Delta, kiss off your $829 apiece. I think if it was me, I'd cough up the $100 change fee Powered by Yahoo! Answers Nancy asks… Disney World VS. Carnival Cruise? 10 day/ 9 night trip to WDW in a moderate resort (2…="dtm-content"> [...]

Christie R. says:

Jenny looks like you had a great time! How fun!! That is too funny about the cakepops! The most adorable picture is you and Angie at the end!! Thanks for all your great posts!!

You ROOMED w/ bakerella? Yours are the only two food blogs I read/follow. How wonderful you got together. :) You are both FAB

OK – now how did I NOT know that you were standing right in front of me when I was talking to Angie. Talk about me having a serious blonde moment :) I’m so sorry Jenny! I do have to say FBFOrl was incredible ~ great bloggers, amazing food and, well, it’s Disney – you can never go wrong with Disney :)

How fun – Amazing company, amazing food! I loved reading your post! xo

[...] Bakerella, Lindsay Love and Olive Oil, Rachel Fab Foodie Bites, Julie Table For Two Blog, Jenny Picky Palate, Julie The Little [...]