This simple summer quinoa salad has all of my favorite ingredients that are perfect for a light lunch on it’s own or as a side salad with a main dish. I like to make extra so I have some in the refrigerator for the next day to enjoy.
Mango, chicken, vegetables, and quinoa in a light lemon dressing….you are in for a healthy treat!
If you haven’t been a fan of quinoa in the past, give this salad a try, you’ll love it!
Mango Chicken Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 large ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Simple Lemon Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. When done cooking, transfer it to a large bowl and toss with a fork. Let cool for 30 minutes or so tossing every 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, chicken, mango, carrots, olives, roasted red bell peppers, parmesan and Feta cheese to quinoa, stirring to combine.
- To make dressing, place oil, lemon, salt and pepper into a mason jar with a lid. Close lid and shake for 30 seconds or so until well combined. Pour over quinoa and stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Makes 4-6 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.