Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

May
2013

Chit Chat Eighth Edition, Big Traveling Potluck

Chit Chat, Travel | Tags:

c301b7f4adde11e2a46f22000a1de414_7

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend The Big Traveling Potluck which is a food blog conference/event that was held in Temecula, CA.  My friends Amanda and Angie flew down a day early and we may have had a dessert fest.  See below, lol!  Oh yah, what you see above is a chocolate chip cookie dough milkshake from the Shake Shack in Crystal Cove.  It overlooks the beach.  Such a fun spot.

Sweet and Saucy

Angie, Amanda and I decided we definitely had to go visit Melody at her “Sweet and Saucy Shop” in Newport Beach.  Melody has some of the most beautiful and delicious desserts around.  You can see we sampled our fair share.  Party time!

SS

Photo via Melody

Here we are doing what we love to do!!  Take pictures of our treats…..then eating them of course :)

photo

Photo via Amanda

And more snapping photos of our desserts, lol!

big-traveling-potluck-california-2013-07

Photo via Amanda

After we checked into our hotel Friday afternoon we hit up a mall in Temecula for a little shopping with Maria.  Of course we spotted a cupcake shop that we HAD to try.  It was called “Truely, Madly, Sweetly.”  How cute is that?

Cupcakes

Left photo via Angie

You can see we ordered an assortment.  Their S’mores was to die!  A great little bakery.

Dinner night 1

Left photo via Angie

We showed up for dinner Friday night to the most gorgeous home on a hill with a backyard that opened up to an amazing view.  It was a perfect place to catch up with old and new friends.  I can not get over Diane’s ginormous lemon cream cake that she brought.  It was one of the best cakes I’ve ever had.  Look at our faces, lol!!  Right:  Lisa, Maria and I.  Love these girls!

Breakfast

Here’s the scene of our breakfast Saturday morning.  It was sunny and lovely.  The food could not have been better.  Fruit, yogurt, breakfast pizzas, muffins, breads, you name it we ate it, lol!

Bakerella and Picky PalateAngie and I at breakfast.  We always have the same bright colors on.  Love spending time with Angie.  Soooo wish we were in the same city.  Absolutely LOVED the KitchenAid mixers on display for our fruit.  Lovely!

DSC9881-580x424

Photo via Sandy

More breakfast friends. Left: Maria and Caleb, LoriHeidi, Ali, Me, Amanda and Sandy.

photo (2)

After breakfast we went right into our speaker sessions.  What a great group of speakers we had.  So motivational and uplifting.  This is Matt Armendariz talking to us about his journey through photography.  Love him.

photo

Spending a little time outside with my gals.  Maria, Angie, me and Amanda.

photo

Oh my goodness Whole Foods had the most gorgeous spread for lunch.  Every kind of grain and topping you can imagine.  It was heaven in a bowl.

6c30c0f2af7611e29a0d22000a9f1320_7

Had a fun lemonade spritzer bar from Whole Foods.  How refreshing does this look?!

0b129146b02b11e2a3eb22000a1fbdaa_7

Photo via Angie

Later in the afternoon before dinner we had a guacamole party with Gaby Dalkin in this most fabulous backyard.  What a setting for us.  Loved every second of it.

PW

Ree was here too!  It’s always so fun chit chatting with her.  Fun Fun Fun weekend!

photo-1

Our last morning together, we had a beautiful breakfast and said goodbye to our friends.  Here we have…  Left: Dara, Angie, Ethan, Amanda, Me, Lisa.

253368_10101455774178680_250943159_n

Photo via Brian

One more of more friends! Left: Cathy, Lori, Dara, Angie, Ethan, Brian, Me, Lisa and Rachel

A huge thanks to Maggy, Pam, Erika and the rest of the Big Traveling Potluck team that worked so hard for this perfect weekend of food and friends.  Loved every minute of our time together in the California sun!

More Big Traveling Potluck 2013 Re-caps.

Kevin and Amanda
Two Peas and Their Pod
Bakerella
Reluctant Entertainer
Foodie Crush
Bake Your Day
A Thought for Food

Comments

I had to duck out early but it was great seeing you there, Jenny! I love all these pics! So bright, cheery, fun and reminds me of just how HOT it was there last weekend. Lol You look great as always and thanks for compiling this. Hope they do it again next year!

Tieghan says:

Look like so much fun and so beautiful! Wow, I wish I could have come!

You girls look like a whole lot of fun!

Loved hanging out with you girl! And I want another S’mores cupcake:) xo

So fun to see you again. You are a gem, Jenny!

Looks like it was a fun event!

marla says:

Oh gee! I super wish I coulda been there with all of you. Such a wonderful + happy re-cap Jenny!

Armeen says:

That spread of food choices and the whole experience looks amazing!

Gaby says:

Loved seeing you this weekend girl!! xoxo

Heather says:

You girls are all SO PRETTY! What a fun weekend!

And I can’t believe you just had a baby not too long ago. Looking good girl :)

you guys are SO cute!!! In every picture you are all head to toe put together and gorgeous! It was a fun weekend and wonderful to see you!

Liz Mackie says:

Love your pics and article. You all had fun & it was nice to see a pic of everyone- all you good cooks. Have a super-duper weekend.

Carol says:

I was so humgry after looking at all your beautiful pictures. I think I will get something decadent when shopping this afternoon!!!

Looks like a great weekend full of friends and yummy food. Delicious cupcakes too!

Looks like it was a beautiful and fun weekend! All those cupcakes look amazing! Cant wait to meet you ladies in a few weeks :)

I feel like if I went to one of these events I would totally be fangirling the whole time! Lol!

Such a great weekend and alwasy fun to see you and your GORGEOUS shoes. Need! Want! xo

This looked like such fun! I wish I went!

k says:

how fun! and you so did not just have a baby! look at you! look at that food! i honestly don’t know how you do it. :D

What an awesome weekend, Jenny! Glad you had a great time!

Alyson says:

You guys look like you are having so much fun!! I actually live in Temecula, so it was kind of fun to see these photos! I love your blog and all your photos! Thanks for sharing with us!

Such a fun recap! I can’t get over how gorgeous the place is!
    And you guys are all adorable :)

Amanda says:

What a gorgeous recap, girl!! Love all your photos!! What a fun weekend. So excited Orlando is just around the corner!! :) xoxo

[...] Leave a Comment | Print | Link to this Post [...]

So great to see you again, Jenny! Gorgeous recap!

Michelle K says:

That looks like such fun, and the food looks so fresh and Delicious!!!

<3 love Temecula.

what a fun recap of the weekend Jenny, thanks so much for including my “little” cake. LOL! Great seeing you :)

[...] Kevin and Amanda, Savour Fare, Reluctant Entertainer, Two Peas and Pod and you HAVE to click on Picky Palate’s post, you’ll get to see the cake I made. Thanks Jenny for posting it! I haven’t posted about [...]

Greetings I am so glad I found your website, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Anyways
    I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a incredible post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

Jana says:

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a
    blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and
    we are looking to swap solutions with others, why not
    shoot me an e-mail if interested.