Tis the season for all things Gingerbread! Be sure to whip up a batch of my Gingerbread Baked Donuts, you’ll be glad you did 🙂
Baked donuts are one of my favorite things to whip up for a fun sweet treat. They are so simple and take no time at all to bake. It’s always a pleasure teaming up with Gold Medal Flour this baking season to develop decadent treats for the whole family.
With just a few simple ingredients you are likely to have on hand, you can make these donuts in one mixing bowl. I add everything all at once and they turn out beautifully. The icing sprinkled with crushed gingersnap cookies for that extra sweet touch.
Here is your simple line up of ingredients.
Start by adding your flour, sugar and spices right to the mixing bowl.
Add your buttermilk and egg next.
Some beautiful molasses up next.
Give a good mix and spoon batter into a donut pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake for 15 minutes or until baked through like so. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing.
Remove donuts from pan and get ready to make the icing.
Whisk your powdered sugar and cream until smooth then dip the top of your donuts right in!
Sprinkle with some crushed gingersnap cookies.
Try these chilled too, great either room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!
Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 35 min Ingredients
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, sugar, egg, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Pour in the buttermilk and molasses, stir to combine.
- Scoop batter into prepared donut pan (in batches if necessary). Bake for 15-20 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- To prepare icing, whisk powdered sugar and heavy cream a medium bowl mixing until smooth. Add more cream as needed to thin icing. Dip cooled doughnuts in icing, sprinkle with crushed gingersnap cookies and serve.
Makes 9-11 Doughnuts
This is a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour but thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.