Nov
2013

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing

Tags: ,

Desserts

Tis the season for all things Gingerbread! Be sure to whip up a batch of my Gingerbread Baked Donuts, you’ll be glad you did :)

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing

Baked donuts are one of my favorite things to whip up for a fun sweet treat.  They are so simple and take no time at all to bake.  It’s always a pleasure teaming up with Gold Medal Flour this baking season to develop decadent treats for the whole family.

With just a few simple ingredients you are likely to have on hand, you can make these donuts in one mixing bowl.  I add everything all at once and they turn out beautifully.  The icing sprinkled with crushed gingersnap cookies for that extra sweet touch.

Enjoy!

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing-1

Here is your simple line up of ingredients.

Gingersnap Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing

Start by adding your flour, sugar and spices right to the mixing bowl.

Gingersnap Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing 2

Add your buttermilk and egg next.

Gingersnap Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing 15

Some beautiful molasses up next.

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing-9

Give a good mix and spoon batter into a donut pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray.

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing-11

Bake for 15 minutes or until baked through like so.  Let cool for 10 minutes before removing.

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing-14

Remove donuts from pan and get ready to make the icing.

Gingersnap Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing 16

Whisk your powdered sugar and cream until smooth then dip the top of your donuts right in!

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing-17

Mmmm!

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing-16

Sprinkle with some crushed gingersnap cookies.

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing-22t

Try these chilled too, great either room temperature or chilled.  Enjoy!

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing-18t

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing

Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap IcingPrep time: 15 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 35 min Ingredients

• 3/4 cup Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 tablespoons molasses

Cinnamon Icing

• 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 4 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, sugar, egg, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Pour in the buttermilk and molasses, stir to combine.
  3. Scoop batter into prepared donut pan (in batches if necessary). Bake for 15-20 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
  4. To prepare icing, whisk powdered sugar and heavy cream a medium bowl mixing until smooth. Add more cream as needed to thin icing. Dip cooled doughnuts in icing, sprinkle with crushed gingersnap cookies and serve.

Makes 9-11 Doughnuts

This is a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour but thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

Barbra says:

Please, call me the Donut monster! These gingerbread donuts sound perfect to me!

I love gingerbread so these donuts aemre right up my street.

These are the perfect treat for the holiday season! The gingersnaps add just the right flavor and texture!

Lisa Kirk says:

This should be a skinny palate recipe!

Oh, I could eat these EVERY morning!!!

These look so good!! And love the gingersnap icing too :) I want one for breakfast at this very moment.

these look so wonderufl. Gingerbread is one of my favorite flavors this time of year!

These look perfect for breakfast, Jenny. Is that allowed? ;)

Love gingerbread! Such a great treat!

Yippee … another great baked donut recipe! I can never have too many ;)

marla says:

Oh do these donuts look wonderful!

Great flavor idea for donuts! And very seasonal…

These looks amazing! I’ve been wanting try out donuts for a while now!
    These look so yummy and perfect for right after Thanksgiving. Your recipes always leave me salivating!

Okay, these are getting actioned over T-Giving!! Love these, JENNY!

KimG says:

The only thing missing is a cup of coffee!!!!

I love that these are SO easy, Jenny! Now to just slyly send this over to my husband… who knows, maybe I can wake up to them on Saturday morning! ;) A girl can dream.

elyse says:

hi
    the recipe sounds great but i don’t own a donut pan…any suggestions?

I’ve been dreaming about these donuts all day :)

Lisa says:

These look so good! Do you think they would rise a bit better if you tossed in some baking soda to counteract the acidity of the. buttermilk and molasses?

Gaby says:

This is a donut I could not resist!!

I’m not a donut lover, but whoa, this is one I could eat!!

These donuts look amazing – and the gingersnap cookies on top just make it extra special!

I was so disappointed last year when I made gingerbread donuts and they didn’t taste like gingerbread. I need to redeem myself. Love the gingersnaps on top.

Traci says:

Love these gingerbread donuts. We are huge baked donut fans!

I didn’t realize these donuts would be that easy. I’m going to have to buy myself a donut pan for Christmas. The extra crunch from the ginger bread cookies is a nice touch.

Cindy says:

Fill pan 1/2 way, mini donuts bake 7min.

[…] Gingerbread Baked Donuts with Gingersnap Icing […]