My Brown Butter Gingersnap Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars make the best Christmas cookies for Holiday baking! Hope you enjoy these flavor packed cookie bars!
Making Christmas cookies this time of year is such a fun tradition. You won’t be sorry adding these soft, perfectly spiced cookie bars to your baking list this year. I’ve got step by step photos on How To Brown Butter, so no worries if this is your first time. It’s simple with my tips.
Festive soft gingersnap flavors meet chewy chocolate chip cookie bars. You don’t want to miss this recipe! Enjoy!
How To Make Delicious Christmas Cookies
To start, add the sugars to a large mixing bowl. See my post for full instructions on how to brown butter. Add the cooled brown butter to the sugars. Mix well then add the eggs and vanilla.
Time for your dry ingredients. Give a good mix.
If your grocery store doesn’t sell these fun chocolate stars, chocolate chips will do just fine 🙂 My Target has these during the Holidays, score!
I love the big bite of chocolate the stars bring to the bars.
Transfer your dough to a parchment lined 9×13-inch baking dish. Now, they’re ready for the oven.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 30 minutes, until cooked through, then let cool before cutting into squares.
Thank you chocolate stars 🙂
Chewy and fabulous. Enjoy.
Brown Butter Gingersnap Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars | Christmas Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bag chocolate stars or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan and let cook/bubble until browned and golden. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place browned butter and sugars into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat until combined then add eggs, molasses and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Slowly stir in all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and chocolate stars or chips. Stir until combined then transfer to prepared baking dish spreading evenly. Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until baked through. Let cool for 30-60 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve room temperature or chilled.
This is a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are my own.