Sharing a special Frito Pie today….the Fire-Fly, a Disneyland Secret Menu Copycat Recipe! You can find it at the Refreshment Corner on Main Street, U.S.A.!
This “Fire-Fly” Secret Menu item at Disneyland Park’s Refreshment Corner on Main Street, U.S.A. is also called Frito Pie in some parts of the country. Some also call it a Walking Taco! Whatever you call it, it’s simple to make at home and crazy delicious.
The Best Chili Recipe
You want to start your Fire-Fly (Frito Pie recipe) with a good chili that goes on top of your Fritos. I’m sharing one of my very favorites you can find in the recipe below. Simple and flavor packed! We use this recipe all of the time.
What Is Frito Pie?
Frito pie is a simple dish: At its most basic, it is just a pile of Fritos with beef chili poured on top. It is often served right inside the chip bag, which is split down the middle; toppings typically include shredded cheese and chopped raw onion, and may also include additional items like sour cream and jalapeños. I love that you can basically put your favorite ingredients and personalize your own little bag. These are so great as party food too.
Refreshment Corner, Main Street, U.S.A.
Here’s what the Fire-Fly looks like at Disneyland Park’s Refreshment Corner. Keep in mind, this is a secret menu item so it won’t be listed on the actual menu. You’ll have to ask the Cast Member for it. If you use your AP Discount it is right under $5.00 which is a steal for Disneyland Food!
Make Your Own Fire-Fly At Home!
It’s always fun to bring a little Disney Magic to your own home. I knew when I had this simple dish at the Parks last month that I needed to re-create the recipe for us! You can add your favorite taco style toppings for more variations! My older boys and their buddies add some diced tomatoes, onion, sour cream green onion and hot sauce too!
I used white lunch bags and lined them with parchment paper. You can absolutely use the Frito Bag for simplicity, but if you want the “look” of what’s served at Refreshment Corner find yourself some white lunch sacks. Amazon has them if you can’t find them at your grocery store.
Disneyland Copycat Recipe
Hope you enjoy another Disneyland Copycat Recipe! Some of my favorite recipes to re-create!
Fire-Fly Disneyland Copycat Recipe -Frito Pie
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1 pound mild ground sausage I used Jimmy Dean
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 15 ounce can white beans drained
- two 10 ounce cans Rotel diced tomatoes mild
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa verde I used Herdez mild
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch Dressing mix from packet
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
8 small Bags of Fritos
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 slices jalapeños
- Place beef and sausage into a large dutch oven over medium heat. Crumble and start browning. Stir in minced garlic, garlic salt, salt and pepper until well combined. Cook until browned then add tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, salsa verde, chili powder, cumin, Ranch dressing mix and lime juice. Stir to combine until hot. Reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve. I like to simmer on low for a few hours before serving to enhance the flavor. To serve, use Frito bags or pour Fritos into a separate bag/bowl, top with spoonfuls of chili, cheese and jalapeños.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!