Happy Valentine’s Day!! I’m off to the boys school this morning for 2 big parties then hopefully dinner with the family tonight 🙂 Hope everyone has some fun plans today.
Anyone else have an overabundance of Girl Scout Cookies like we do? We have quite a few boxes around the house which is why I thought it would be fun to do a Thin Mint Toaster Streudel!
You can’t get much simpler than this recipe, which is just what I like. We loved these warm, but whoa they were good cold too 🙂
Take a peek and enjoy!
Woohoo, 3 ingredients! I didn’t add the drizzle ingredients, but these are the main ones 🙂
How good are Thin Mints? Dangerous to have around the house, they are so small and thin it’s easy to eat the whole darn sleeve!
Place those yummy thin mints into a food processor or blender, pulse until fine then mix with 4 ounces of softened cream cheese.
Lay out both sheets of your puff pastry ( I only show one sheet here) and cut each sheet into 9 rectangles. Spread filling over 9 rectangles then top with the remaining 9.
It will look like this 🙂
Take a fork and crimp/seal edges firmly.
Brush with egg wash.
Sprinkle with a little sugar.
Ready for the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Drizzle with the cream and powdered sugar drizzle and time to dig in!
Girl Scout Thin Mint Oven Strudels
- 1 package/2 sheets Puff Pastry thawed
- 1 sleeve Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 egg white whisked with 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silpat liners.
- Place Thin Mints in food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Transfer ground cookies to a medium bowl and add softened cream cheese. Mix until well combined, I use my hands, it’s much easier!
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 9 rectangles totaling 18.
- Spead cookie/cream cheese mixture over 9 rectangles then top with remaining 9, crimp edges with fork and poke a few holes on top to allow for steam to escape.
- Whisk egg white and water and brush lightly over each streudel.
- Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place powdered sugar and heavy cream into a bowl, mix until smooth. Drizzle over warm streudels and serve. Can be enjoyed chilled as well.
Have a great new week! Come back soon!