Oct
2007

Puffy Pumpkin Cookies with Spiced Vanilla Frosting

Tags: ,

Cookies

I Love anything with pumpkin and these cookies are really good. They almost look like a small cupcake. This Spiced Vanilla Butter from William Sonoma makes the BEST Frosting. You’ve got to try it. If you don’t go out and buy it, you can always stick to the traditional cream cheese frosting.

Puffy Pumpkin Cookies

¼ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt

Frosting
6 oz cream cheese, softened
3 Tablespoons butter, softened
3 Tablespoons Vanilla Spice Butter from William Sonoma (use butter if not using this)
2 ¼ Cups powdered sugar
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars in a stand or electric mixer until creamy. Slowly add eggs and pumpkin, mixing until well combined.

2. Place flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add to wet mixture on low speed until just combined. With a cookie scoop, drop onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool completely.

3. Whisk cream cheese and butters in a medium bowl. Slowly stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.

about 3 dozen

Comments

Valerie says:

My cousin Shannon gave me a copy of the cookbook that your ward did. I can’t wait to try the recipes in there and these all look great! Thanks for giving people like me(you know, the ones that cook the same ole thing week after week) good recipes to try. I can’t wait to try these cookies.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun says:

Jen – I just tried a new recipe today that a friend gave me. It is for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies and has only 3 ingred. 1 box Spice Cake Mix, 1 can pumpkin (sm. can – 15 oz I think) and chocolate chips. Mix together and bake. I couldn’t remember what temp. and how long to bake so I just baked mine at 350 (cake box temp.) and baked them for about 11-12 min. They are so soft and yummy – and extremely easy!

Hi Valerie,
    So glad you like that cookbook. Those church cookbooks have some great family favorite recipes.

Hope you enjoy the recipes!

Tricia,
    I will have to try those 3 ingredient pumpkin cookies. I have all those ingredients in my pantry. Sounds good and you can’t get much easier than 3 ingredients!

The Harris Family Daily Chat says:

Yum Jenny..this will be next on my list to make. I made the 3 ingredient cookies twice last week. They are good and I can imagine only better with some of the William’s Sonoma butter on top.

The Harris Family Daily Chat says:

Oh Tricia..your right 350 for 10 to 11 mins.

We put these cookies in the fridge and I liked them even better cold. Mmm I love pumpkin. I’m going to try the 3 ingredient cookies this week too.

nuthouse says:

These cookies were definetely a hit! Loved ‘em!!! Mona

Jamie says:

Where do I get the Vanilla Spiced Butter??