I Love anything with pumpkin and these cookies are really good. They almost look like a small cupcake. This Spiced Vanilla Butter from William Sonoma makes the BEST Frosting. You’ve got to try it. If you don’t go out and buy it, you can always stick to the traditional cream cheese frosting.
Puffy Pumpkin Cookies
Puffy Pumpkin Cookies are the best fall cookie recipe. Add some vanilla spice cream cheese frosting on top and watch your batch of cookies disappear!
For the Pumpkin Cookies:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 small can pumpkin
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons Vanilla Spice Butter from William Sonoma (use butter if not using this)
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars in a stand or electric mixer until creamy. Slowly add eggs and pumpkin, mixing until well combined.
- Place flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add to wet mixture on low speed until just combined.
- With a cookie scoop, drop onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Whisk cream cheese and butters in a medium bowl. Slowly stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Makes about 3 dozen.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 218IU | Vitamin C: 0.01mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Keywords: pumpkin spice cookies, pumpkin sugar cookies, vanilla cream cheese frosting