Dec
2007

Blackberry Cream Cheese Muffins With Sweet Berry Drizzle

Tags: , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

My husband brought home these giant blackberries from Trader Joes, and I’ve been trying to decide what I wanted to do with them for the last few days. I finally decided on these monster size blackberry cream cheese muffins that are incredible. I was licking the batter from the spoon like my 2 year old! They are just sweet enough that they taste like a little cake.

I used my “Texas Muffin Tin” that holds 6 massive muffins, and each feed about 4. You can also use 24 standard size muffin cups for a smaller more practical muffin, just bake them for about 5 minutes less than my recipe.

If you are ever in need of bringing muffins somewhere, or just feel like making muffins, this is a great recipe and easy too. Any berry would be great in these. Enjoy!

Blackberry Cream Cheese Muffins With Sweet Berry Drizzle (adapted from Better Homes and Garden Nov. 1997)

10 oz fresh blackberries

1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt

1/3 Cup heavy cream

Heaping ¼ Cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place blackberries and sugar in a large bowl. Stir to combine so that berries are coated in sugar. Set aside.
2. In a stand or electric mixer cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and orange zest until well combined. Slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
3. Place the flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. With mixer on low, add half the flour, then half cream, then remaining flour, then remaining cream until just combined.
4. Fill 6 extra large muffins tins or 24 regular size tins with muffin batter, about ¾ full, that has been greased or sprayed with cooking spray. Press 3-4 berries into tops of each unbaked muffin, Reserve any berry juice in bowl for drizzle. Bake for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through. Remove and let cool.
5. In the same bowl as berries were in, place powdered sugar and milk. Whisk until smooth and drizzling consistency; should be a light pink color from the berry juice. Drizzle over top muffins and enjoy!

Comments

Nash says:

I just watched your commercial. How exciting. Make sure you post when it airs because I don’t have cable. I’ll have to run to my moms, and I definitely don’t want to miss it.

Emiline says:

Anything blackberry sounds great to me. Blackberries sort of intrigue me lately.

I think they look really good! I love the big muffins. I can’t make regular-sized, anymore.

Project Couture Vintage says:

Those look really tasty…had a lot of fun at FHE tonight! You guys are the best!

Hi Shanda,
    I think the show is on March 2nd, but I’ll try to remind you. I hesitate to do that, because most of the time I make a fool of myself!

Emiline,
    I agree about the big muffins, they look so much more appetizing!

Kimmy,
    Tell Aaron thanks again for the great lesson for the kids, it was great! I’ll save you a muffin!

shannon says:

Hi there, Jenny!

My name is Shannon and I’m the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. I am very impressed with the quality of your posts and to that end, I’d like to invite you to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
    Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
    shannon@foodbuzz.com

P.S. Your photos are beautiful and the blackberry cream cheese muffins are making my mouth water. Maybe they will be my Saturday morning reward. =)

Thanks Shannon,
    I just sent you an email.

Cami D. says:

Jenny!! Ok so my whole family is in LOVE with you, your cooking skills and your blog and we use your recipes often…THANKS! Oh by the way..CUTE SASSY RED SHOES (ya I totally saw them as I walked by the other day!) ha!

Too funny Cami!
    Glad your family is enjoying the blog. It has been fun.

I don’t know what my problem is lately, but I want to buy shoes everywhere I go. The great thing is, those red sassy ones were only $25 bucks at that cheesy “Shiek” shoe store at Superstition Mall! I always love a good deal! Have a great day.

Deborah says:

I love cream cheese muffins. And with blackberries – YUM!

Charles Cox says:

The Blackberry is the best gadget that i ever received as a gift from my best friend. It has nice features and the design looks very cool too.

Lemoncello says:

I am making these muffins right now but I am using blueberries. Can’t wait to taste them!!

Lemoncello says:

My kids are loving the muffins!! Thanks for a great recipe!

Amber says:

These are great…I just made them in my regular muffin tin and they’re perfect! Love them, as does my 16-month old! Thanks for the great recipes!

[…] I can’t stop thinking about them. And later that night my sister and I whipped up some blackberry muffins for a midnight snack/breakfast the next morning. I upped the amount of whole wheat flour, and they […]

Kazuko says:

It’s an amazing piece of writing in support of all the online people;
    they will get advantage from it I am sure.