Sharing my favorite banana bread muffins today! My Brown Butter Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins will brighten any morning!
Banana Bread Muffins
These brown butter banana bread muffins are out of control delicious. I’ve always loved banana bread and blueberries combined in baked goods, but these muffins take them to a whole new level. What is it with brown butter that makes everything so sinfully delicious?! Yikes. Beware, these are highly addictive….especially with the sweet drizzle. Enjoy!!
Try my Roasted Banana Bread recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Best Ever Banana Bread
Simple line up of ingredients. If you haven’t browned butter before, do not worry. It’s very easy. See my instructions in the recipe below. I used fresh blueberries today, but frozen works too. Easy on the stirring if you are using frozen, they stain your batter purple with too much mixing 🙂
How To Brown Butter
Brown butter in the bowl to start. See my post How To Brown Butter for detailed instructions.
Sugar up next.
2 lovely mashed ripe bananas. About 1 cup.
Vanilla please 🙂
1 lovely egg.
Give a nice little stir.
Add your vibrant blueberries.
This batter is out of control. Salivating already, lol!
Fill em’ up. About 3/4 full….and time to bake!
Time for the icing….LOVE!
Drizzle icing over warm muffins. Note: Icing is optional, they are great by themselves.
Or, maybe the icing is absolutely necessary 🙂
Basically a win win situation. Enjoy!
- Make your muffins the night before (minus the icing) so you can serve the day of serving.
- Serve your muffins with a nice fruit plate to make a light breakfast.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container either room temperature or chilled in refrigerator.
Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large bananas about 1 cup mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 12 muffin cups with liners (foil is preferred)
- Place butter into a small skillet over medium heat. Cook, let bubble and swirl pan until butter has turned golden brown. You’ll see brown bits form at the bottom of the pan. Transfer to a heat proof bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour butter into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, bananas and vanilla mixing to combine. Add egg, stirring to combine. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt then stir in blueberries.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 23-25 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes if drizzling with icing. Muffins are great with or without icing.
- To prepare icing, place powdered sugar and heavy cream into a medium bowl. Whisk until desired icing consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins if desired.
brown butter makes everything better 🙂 love the flavors in these muffins
Brown butter goodness, I need these now!
OMGoodness these look perfect! Love brown butter!!!
Thanks Carla! xo
These muffins look so good! Brown butter in everything, please. 🙂
I never thought to combine these two flavors–great idea!
The former English teacher in me loves the alliteration in the title! And these look yummy!
Haha! Just realized all of the B’s 🙂
Those look SO good Jenny!!
That glaze on top is KILLING ME!!
Brown butter makes mondays way more tolerable! Love these!
Bannana Blueberry Muffins are my favorite! What a great idea, the addition of brown butter and glaze. Pinned!
Love blueberry banana breads and these muffins look amazing! I like to add a touch of lemon to the frosting for blueberry breads.
Ooooo, a lemon drizzle sounds perfect!!
Love that you turned this classic bread into a muffin and added blueberries!! Yum!!
I have been craving blueberry banana bread, but these are even better with the brown butter and glaze!
I have no doubt these muffins are addictive! They look really yummy! I would love few with coffee 🙂
I’ve actually never tried blueberries in banana bread….but it sounds fab! Especially when you add browned butter and glaze…these can’t go wrong! Pinned!
They look so good! Last month I made a blueberry banana bread and know firsthand what a great flavor combo it is. I’m sure your muffins are so good! And then that glaze, too! Mmm! pinned