Apr
2008

You Looking At Me?

Tags: , ,

I was cracking up when I saw some of these pictures of my pasta. I swear they are looking right at me. Girlfriend spent one too many hours at the dental convention yesterday!! Slides and slides of oral cancer get to you after a while! Don’t smoke or chew people! However, it was nice to catch up with some of my friends from hygiene school. Go class of 2001!

A few weeks ago, we got some take out from Fazolli’s, which I hadn’t been to in years, and it was actually really good. I ordered a Romano Rigatoni pasta that was surprisingly tasty. I made my own version of the pasta the other night, added a few extras and I enjoyed it even better, check it out, nice easy and cheesy!

Remember when I said I make “Florentine” dishes often? I wasn’t joking. It is so good and why not add spinach whenever you can right? I tell my boys they’ll be strong like Popeye and it works everytime. My 2 year old even likes it on his peanut butter and Jelly Sandwiches. Sick huh?!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! AZ is going to be beautiful the next few days, even a little toasty. Summer is coming quick!

Baked Rigatoni Romano Florentine with Italian Sausage

1/2 lb dry Rigatoni pasta

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 large onion, finely chopped
1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
3/4 lb Italian Hot Sausage
Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
3 Cups fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
2 14 oz cans diced fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
8 fresh basil leaves, stacked, rolled and thinly sliced (chiffonade)
Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
1/4 Cup fresh grated Romano Cheese
2 Cups shredded mozzarella Cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. Heat oil into a large dutch oven or other large pot. Saute onion and red bell pepper for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic, sausage, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until sausage is cooked through.

2. Add spinach leaves and cook until wilted down. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Add cooked pasta, stir to combine, then transfer to a 9x13inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with Romano Cheese and mozzarella Cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!

Comments

AnticiPlate says:

Wow! That looks delicious! I love how many vegetables are “hidden” among the cheese and pasta!

Barbara Bakes says:

This looks like one I’ll have to try!

Nicole says:

I love baked pasta. Yum! I think I have almost everything in the house to make this except I have salmon already thawed for dinner tonight.

Now I’m hungry even though I just finished my lunch.

Thanks Anticiplate,
    I try hiding veggis often, what better way than under all that cheese!

Thanks Barbara

Hope you enjoy Nicole. I need to cook with fish more. I just don’t do it enough.

Deborah says:

I don’t know about spinach on pb&j, but this pasta dish looks amazing!

Steph says:

In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with pasta, sausage and cheese, lots and lots of cheese! It looks delicious!

Emiline says:

Boy, does that look good! I love baked cheesy pasta dishes.
    It does look like it’s looking at us. Strange.

Gotta love those free breadsticks at Fazolis.

Hi Deborah,
    My crazy husband got my youngest to like spinach peanut butter and jelly. Guess it’s healthy, but just wrong!

Thanks Steph,
    Bring on the cheese!

Hi Emiline,
    I do love those free breadsticks from Fazolli’s, I never turn down a free piece of bread!!

erinwillis says:

That looks YUMMY!

Hey, do you know who services the office you work at? My hubby works for Patterson Dental and has been down at the civic center since Wed. setting things up and making sure things run smoothly.

Patsyk says:

That dish looks so yummy! I love spinach in just about anything, but I just can’t wrap my mind around that pb and spinach sandwich… those are 2 things that just don’t belong together! ;)

RecipeGirl says:

PB and Spinach?? Yick! I did sneak some spinach into our lasagna tonight and my son ate every bite. YAY!

I like the new look!

Tarah says:

That looks like instant comfort! I want some now so bad!

Price Family says:

It looks so good. I will have to try. Spinach always taste good in pasta.

Hi Erinwillis,
    I actually don’t know who is in charge of that in our office. Only there once a week.

Thanks Pastsyk,
    I agree, spinach and PB & J is just not right!

Thanks Recipegirl!
    It’s nice to sneak in those veggis whenever we can!

Kimmy,
    Why are you logged in under my info wierdo! And I thought I was the blonde of the family!

Thanks Tarah,
    Pasta does that to you!

Hope you enjoy Price Family!

Kim A says:

Sorry Snitch…maybe you should logout on my computer so this doesn’t happend again…..here’s what I said…..Yes, you’ve lost it! The pasta, looking at you??? Thanks for a great afternoon today snitchy :D You know Aaron would be dying over this dish!

Bonnie says:

I love your recipes, but want to say that your photography is ALWAYS great as well!! So professional. I am cracking up that the Rigattoni is “looking at you”. Thanks for always sharing.

Proud Italian Cook says:

Fire roasted tomatoes and ot sausage, sounds right up my alley! Delish!!

bailee mckown says:

Jenny,
    I love all your recipes. I am going to try this one tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Shelley

Zen Chef says:

I swear those pictures spoke to me too! haha. Tell the baked pasta to wait for me..i’m on my way! :-)

Oh Kimmy,
    You are so high maintanance! What am I going to do with you sis?

Thanks Bonnie,
    I’m trying to get better at taking pics.

Same here Marie, you can’t go wrong with that combo.

Hi Shelley,
    Hope your family enjoyed the dish!

Zen Chef,
    I’m sorry to say that the pasta has since passed away. Really too bad.

Jaime says:

yum! i’m bookmarking this to try :)

M&M Kanet says:

I just found your blog and everything looks delicious!! I made this recipe and my husband and I were in heaven. It was better than eating at the Olive Garden. Thanks so much for sharing your recipies. You are very talented!! My husband asked me why I don’t make up my own recipes like you… he doesn’t want me to try it. I’ll just stick with your ideas.

get taller says:

Hi,well-written post. Infos are really exciting and saves me a lot time which I have spend on something else instead of searching :) Thank you

Hi,well-written blog post. Infos are pretty useful and saved me many time which I spend on something else instead of googling :) Thanks and waiting for more posts like this one.