My Tortellini Taco Soup makes the perfect quick fix weeknight dinner for the whole family! Packed with your favorite taco flavors.
You are in for such a treat with my Tortellini Taco Soup! Taco soup with the addition of tortellini is a game changer! Check out my other simple soup recipes too!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
This is the best time of year to make big pots of soup. We are loving this fun twist on taco soup. The tortellini brings a great layer of flavor and the kids go nuts for it. This soup takes just minutes to prepare, perfect for busy school weeknights. Add this one to your meal plan, you’ll be glad you did!
How To Make Taco Soup
You’ll start by sautéing some chopped onions in hot oil.
Add some minced garlic, stirring until veggies are softened.
Brown The Beef
Add the ground beef and seasonings, cooking until browned.
Pour In The Broth
Slowly add your broth.
Time To Add Your Seasonings
Add your taco seasoning.
Add your ground cumin.
Stir in fresh, frozen or canned corn.
Add your tomatoes.
Add Your Uncooked Tortellini
Slowly add your tortellini.
Cook Tortellini for 8-10 minutes, until al dente.
Stir and let cook for about 8-10 minutes, until al dente. Remove from heat when tortellini is done.
What a beautiful pot of soup to serve your family and friends this season!
Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, sour cream and shredded cheeses if you’d like. Enjoy!
Tips For Tortellini Taco Soup
- Try other proteins. This soup is great with shredded Rotisserie Chicken and even Italian Sausage.
- Make a double batch and freeze the second batch for a later dinner.
- Add sour cream before serving for a creamy version.
- Top each bowl with Mozzarella Cheese before serving too!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- two 10 ounce cans diced tomatoes with chilies mild
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 pound cheese filled tortellini
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, add onion and garlic, cooking until softened.
Stir in beef, sold and pepper cooking until browned. Add broth, taco seasoning, tomatoes and corn. Increase heat to medium high and stir in uncooked tortellini. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Immediately remove soup from heat when pasta is cooked. Stir in fresh cilantro and serve.
Disclaimer: This post was in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Dinner Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.